Sailing soon on the Pride. Read some new reviews on cruisecritic

i've done the same thing on a particular ship i'm considering. it scares me to see bad reviews, but then there are the good reviews. i figure that different people are going to have different points of view.

i look at it this way. i'm on a ship, in the sun, or on a beach with clear blue water. it surely can't be all that bad :)

i'm sure your cruise will be wonderful. it's all what you make it!

Remember that a lot of people will come back and tell when they have a not so great experience but not everybody will come back and tell when they have a good experience. If you go into a cruise, or anything, expecting to have a bad time, that is usually what happens. If you go expecting to have a great time, you will usually have a much better time.

I think the reviews are great and can help you decide between two ships and maybe what to do or avoid on the ship and in ports, but after a certain point you've got to stop reading them and believe you'll have a great vacation.

One thing to look at in reviews is not just their overall rating, but what the reviewer complains about or raves about and then decide how important that is to you. We all go on cruises for different things. One gentleman rated a Carnival Cruise poorly solely because there weren't enough trivia games. As I could care less about trivia games (there's a reason it's called trivia:D ) this didn't have much importance to me. Nightlife is a different story, so I look for reviews mentioning the piano bar and such.

A second thing to look at is are they rating this cruise against some previous cruise? A lot of people tend to rate down one cruise line, because it's not what they've gotten used to on another cruiseline. Does it mean either cruise line is better? Probably not, they are just different.

There are several more things I could mention but I'll close with the agreement with wrp96: I was on the Pride last January. Did I post a review? No, because I didn't feel I had anything to add to what had been previously said. How did I feel about the Pride? I've been booked for the New Years Eve sailing for several months.

Enjoy

Ron

Pride photos and docs http://www.ronrythm.com/Carnival_Pride_06.html

and there are many bad ones. makes me scared to sail now. I have cruised before so I know what to expect and how the food can be (so so) but these people are ruthless in their reviews. Makes me nervous:mad:

Don't you realize that there is always a bad apple in every barrel? :eek: As OP said, many more unhappy pax post on this board than satisfied ones. :mad: Let's change that, only post posivtive things about our favorite thing to do. Cruiseing, that is. You're going to love the Pride! We sailed her last year and it was great. Some really good art on board. ;) We had never done the West coast before and found out we love it. The ports are great, especialy PV an Cabo. Go and have a wonderful trip! Don't let a few ruin what many more think is a very good trip.

Luv's Cruisin'

I, too, did a lot of reading of the Pride reviews.. and one thing I noticed was that for every one 'poor' review that was posted there were three others from the same sailing that had a great time. And its true that people are more wont to complain about the stuff they were upset about than praise the stuff they enjoyed. and like has been mentioned numerous times before...CC posters represent an EXTREMELY small percentage of overall cruisers.

We were on the Pride two years ago, and LOVED it! Don't worry. Take all reviews with a LARGE grain of salt. I've learned from reading reviews on this site and lots of other ratings-type sites that what one person considers to be poor or average, another person will absolutely love and give rave reviews. Just go, have fun and form your own opinion. :)

Just off the Pride last Sunday - I have an earlier "mini" review up here somewhere. It was the best vacation we ever had! RonRhythm has it 100% correct - I looked at the reviews as both clues of things to work around and also ways to manage my expectations. I'd rather expect the worse and be pleasently surprised. There is NOTHING on the Pride in terms of critisicm that could possibly diminish all the great things about this cruise. Have a great time!

and there are many bad ones. makes me scared to sail now. I have cruised before so I know what to expect and how the food can be (so so) but these people are ruthless in their reviews. Makes me nervous

I went through the same thing just before my NCL Star cruise in October. And you know what, I had a great time. It was not perfect, but I took the cruise to see if I like NCL and would be willing to try a ten or eleven day cruise to Fanning Island. And now that I have tried NCL I would go again. Hopefully NCL will replace the Wind with another ship before I go to Fanning Island, but Fanning Island is on my "to do" list based on my experience on the Star.

If you have been cruising before, and you enjoyed it enough to try it again, then don't worry about negative reviews and you will have a great time. I was on the Pride in May 2004 and I had a great time. Here is something to keep you until it is time for your cruise ...

LongBeach.jpg">

The Pride dock where the Paradise is in the photo above ...

PrideinLongBeach.jpg">

Pridepool.jpg">

WakefromPride6260.jpg">

IMG_1722.jpg">

Have a great time on your cruise.

Hi. We're trying Carnival (Pride) for the first time after two cruises with Royal Caribbean's mega Voyageur ships, Princess Grand and Sun and Celebrity so we will do a nice comparison of all the different lines. We loved them all. Each had their slight weaknesses (eg, no laundry facilities, no food by the pool and not so great food, no afternoon tea on Royal Caribbean) but they had their strong points too (so many activities to keep you busy). We're looking forward to Pride in May and hopefully Carnival will have their strong points too!

Enjoy your cruise!

and there are many bad ones. makes me scared to sail now. I have cruised before so I know what to expect and how the food can be (so so) but these people are ruthless in their reviews. Makes me nervous:mad:

Not sure what you are reading, but I dont pay attention to those, I was on the Pride in Oct and had a great time, thats why I booked it again this Sept. If it really sucked I wouldnt be booking it, but as you can see I did because it was an awesome cruise. Email me at wennfred@cox.net and I will send you a better review to read by a guy named Mark from Lodi Ca.

There are people that would complain that the weather is too hot and will blame it on Carnival. Those are the types of review tha I laugh at and just click off on them.

Fred

We had a great time on the Pride in February. I had read more good reviews on it than bad. (and the bad ones I noticed were by 2 different sign on names, but the wording was exactly the same. Someone just trying to give Carnival a bad name!

Most people would tell you that Disney is far superior, but I thought our particular cruise on the Pride was equal in every way to our Disney cruise.(they just didn't have all the characters!)

I took my wife our two kids plus my daughters best friend ( all together 3 teenagers,14, 16 and 16 years of age) we all had a fantastic time,knowing how picky teenagers can be I can tell you that they want to repeat the vacation again so I have booked us for the Pride on Aug.6,. My wife and I have traveled on most of the major cruise lines over the years and each has their positive and negative points but I can say with out a doubt our vacation on the Pride was the best experience thus far. We typically book towards the upper decks with Balconies side by side, last year we had a Cat.9 cabin for us and an adjoining Cat 8 for the kids,cabins were large compared to some the other ships we have been on and were quiet. My only complaint was with the debarkation process and the amount of money my girls spent on Pictures ($650)

Everytime we go on a Cruise even when I tell the family Limit the pictures...pow we have been hammered my girls can't stay away from the camera, I have a den and office full of cruise pictures! We average $650 per cruise

Just off The Pride (still rocking a bit to be honest! :p ) We had an absolute blast! Ship is a beauty, service was outstanding, food was wonderful, ports were great! You will love it! I'll be posting my pics soon!

Everytime we go on a Cruise even when I tell the family Limit the pictures...pow we have been hammered my girls can't stay away from the camera, I have a den and office full of cruise pictures! We average $650 per cruise

Sounds a bit like me - I drive my hubby nuts!!! :p

Archived