Sea Princess Cruise Photos

10X

Finally, after two months since our cruise ended, I have the photos online.

Our cruise was a 14 night on the Sea Princess to the southern Caribbean, 1/28/06 - 2/10/06, with stops at Princess Cay, Tortola, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Barbados, St. Vincent, Trinidad, Bonaire, and Curacao.

I was scuba diving at three islands, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and Bonaire.

My wife does not dive, but does snorkel, so at some of the stops we both snorkeled. The snorkeling photos are also posted and are a mix of her's and mine.

Go the below site and select "Cruise 2006". There are about 18 galleries of photos there, but each gallery is clearly marked as to what it contains so you don't have to look through everything to find what you might be interested.

http://www.sunfield.smugmug.com/

Denny

I'm using an Olympus C5050 and my wife uses a Canon A95. Both are 5MP cameras and both are no longer made. We use the underwater housing that the camera maker sells for their cameras.

If you want to see if an underwater housing is made for your camera, check here: http://www.digideep.com/

Just click on your camera model and it will tell you if a housing is made for it. If you venture outside the camera maker's housing it will likely cost you big $$$$$.

I also use an underwater flash but my wife does not since she never ventures below the surface. However, she still gets some awesome shots.

Right now you can find some good buys on the Canon A610 and A620 because they are going on closeout. Canon sells a housing for these cameras, a WP-DC-90. You can get the camera and housing probably for less than $500.

Denny

Hi Denny and Paula from reteach (Judy and Ed). We enjoyed reliving Sea Princess stops through your lens. We still talk of and look at our photos of the great day on the Silvermoon 1. Take care.

Seafish,

Good to hear from you again my friend. I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. Perhaps we'll cruise together again sometime. I'll look forward to it. I'm going to post the TP photos on that website soon as well, so stay tuned. However, it will take me a while to go through all the photos again.

We're doing back-to-backs on the Crown Princess 1/27/06 and 2/3/06, out of San Juan.

Ed and Judy,

It's great to hear from you again as well. Our day on the Silver Moon was great. So much so that we're thinking of doing it again when we return to Barbados on 1/29/07. I was glad to see that Ed was able to shed his walker and enjoy the water with the rest of us. Way to go Ed.

Denny

Hi Denny - great to hear from you! Sounds like you're keeping a busy cruise calendar ... excellent! Yep - we might just run into you guys on of these days. We're doing BTB May 3-22 Coral Princess Panama Canal repro cruise FLL-SFO-YVR with a WA state drivetrip ending in SEA. Also on Aug 29-Sept 12 Oceania Regatta Baltic Cruise with pre/post stays STO/LON. Especially looking forward to St Petersburg. Take care - keep in touch. Fred

Mike,

I arranged our Boniare dives myself and lucked out beyond belief.

I read some scuba boards about Bonaire diving and someone said that Divi Flamingo Resort had a good reef and they were within walking distance of the ship. I called and made arrangements for someone to give us the mandatory orientation for the Underwater Marine Park and collect the $10 one day pass that's also required.

We rented tanks and weights from Divi for about another $20. There were four of us so we jumped in off their dock and started diving. We were about 300 yards off the bow of the ship. See what I mean about lucking out? We docked at noon and were in the water before 1PM.

The $20 was for unlimited diving, so we could use as many tanks as we wanted within our limited time. We could have done a third dive and still made it back to the ship on time but, unfortunately, I was the only one who wanted to do a third dive.

Glad you enjoyed the pictures.

Denny

Archived