Sofital Hotel in Miami

PAMWANTSTOCRUISE

We stayed there in Jan and it was great. Yes, you do hear the planes but not all night (at least we didn't) The hotel is beautiful and beds so comfortable. They have a restuarant but it's a little pricey. Starbucks coffee is served. We took the hotel shuttle( $4.ea) to Bayside, but a cab is faster and cheaper. They offer a shuttle, $10.ea., to the port in the morning. The hotel is beautiful - wait till you see the pool!! I'd stay there again anytime.

We stayed at the airport Sofitel last fall. I can't imagine they offer a shuttle to Bayside! It's a LONG way from downtown Miami and the port. I know at that time there was NO shuttle to the port. We asked. Only free shuttle from the airport to hotel. Perhaps the previous poster stayed at the Sofitel in Miami. Anyway, the hotel at the airport is lovely, rooms great and beds very nice. Staff was just OK. This is a French owned hotel chain. We ordered a single chicken ceasar salad from room service and it was plenty for 2. The charge was $17 for the one salad. It is a very beautiful place tho'. Also, there are pastries and coffee for fairly reasonable price for breakfast offered in the atrium. Taxi from the hotel to port was $28. We got this for $60 on Priceline.

We are booked here also for one night pre-cruise. I also got my reservations on Priceline (although I paid a little bit more than $60).

I've heard both - shuttles to port and no shuttles to port. Someone also recently posted that they had shuttles to the Bayside Market.

Can someone please confirm either? I'm getting a little nervous...

PS - this is the Lagoon location, correct?

This hotel is out of the way and I can't imagine that they have a shuttle to bayside. This is our preferred hotel when we travel out of Miami. The rooms are very, very nice. The food in the restaurant has been very good and on occasion outstanding. We also enjoy the room service. The location, basically in an office park, makes me feel safe. This is a four star hotel in a big city and things cost more . I never had "sticker shock" staying here but it is not geared for the economy traveler. Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

We are staying there at the end of May (yes its blue lagoon dr) and I made my FI call them just the other day. They have free shuttles from the airport-every thirty min from 2:30 til 7:30 and every hour after that- til like 2 in the morning or something. And you can get a shuttle to the port for $10 per person. I don't remember if they said what the frequency was for that.

Also, we called about the complimentary water/chocolates/fresh flowers in the room and said they would set it up for us- they might have done it anyway, but I wanted to make sure! Never been here before but I hope its nice; even though we will barely be there for 12 hours....

Just booked two rooms at the Sofitel Hotel at the Miami airport through Priceline for the night before the cruise. We're going to be getting into Miami around 10:00pm so we just wanted someplace close to the airport. They accepted $76 per room. Don't know if I could have gotten lower but it is a 4 star hotel. We stayed at one near the airport (ORD) in Chicago a couple years ago. If this one is anything like that one, I think we got a halfway decent deal.

Tim

Archived