Late or Early Dinner Seating

katnapa

Yes, another dinner questions, but you all on CC are so good at answering them!

I have cruised three times w/o my DD and love the late seating. This year my 8yr old DD and I are going on a cruise to Mexico. I booked us for a late seating thinking we could grab a snack when we get back from shore as I just don;t like having to rush to get dressed for dinner. My DD really like fine dining and have nbeen going to them for years, not worries about her acting up, but will we miss out on the shows or good activities?

Thanks for the imput - did I say my daughter is really great in resturants.

Yes, another dinner questions, but you all on CC are so good at answering them!

I have cruised three times w/o my DD and love the late seating. This year my 8yr old DD and I are going on a cruise to Mexico. I booked us for a late seating thinking we could grab a snack when we get back from shore as I just don;t like having to rush to get dressed for dinner. My DD really like fine dining and have nbeen going to them for years, not worries about her acting up, but will we miss out on the shows or good activities?

Thanks for the imput - did I say my daughter is really great in resturants.

What cruise line? Most cruise lines have shows and activities scheduled so that nobody misses them. For example, Royal Caribbean has 2 showings in the theater, one for early seating, one for late. Your daughter may miss out on some activities in the kids club on her ship - but that depends on the cruise line.

We are sailing on the Carnival Pride. I imagine that we can always change to the early seating if the late one does not work out. Carnival also offers one night where kids can eat with their Camp Carnival leaders, I can go solo to dinner.

Didn't realize you were on Carnival and don't have the option of Anytime Dining--My fault--must have thought I was on the Princess site

Took Carnival Pride, Mexico Riviera last summer--had late seating and I don't believe we had a problem with missing any shows.

One of the best things I remember from that cruise was a piano bar on whatever deck the internet was on--probably not still there--this was in July--great personality and talent--lots of group singing--we had to race to get there after the shoe--this was really popular after people discovered it,

Have a great cruise

Nancy:cool:

I must have thought I was on the Princess Board--You should have no problem with the late seating--we took the same cruise in July last year--don't remember having any problems and we had late seating

See if you can find the Piano Bar--it's on the same deck that the internet is on--it's at the bend in the hallway--not easy to see unless you know where you are going

This was more popular than most of the shows--may be a little late for your daughter

Have a great cruise

:cool: Nancy

Kat - Carnival has two shows, one for early diners and one for late diners. You shouldn't have any problem attending the shows. They are usually at 8:45 for the 5:45 and 6:15 diners - and 10:30 for the 8:00 and 8:30 diners. I've had both early and late seating, and I prefer early.

Sometimes there are other activities scheduled for Camp Carnival that your daughter would miss if you request late dining.

If I understand your post correctly, you're thinking you might be able to alternate your dining times? I doubt you'll be able to do that. If you've cruised before, you know they have their ddining schedules worked out for a reason. Enjoy!:)

Taking late seating your daughter will miss a lot of camp activities.

Camp is closed (except formal nights) between 5-7 (early seating schedule)

Most activities for the kids are happening between 8 -10 after which it becomes a fee time. (6.00 per hour)

Because your daughter will not be at any night time activities since she will be eating late dinner.. it will be kinda harder to make friends her age.

Which the night time pajama party will be harder for her since she didnt have the bonding time to make friends.

Personally-- so your daughter can have her time and you yours-- early dining is the best for you here.

Pride only has 2 seating assignments. 5:45 and 8pm

Archived