Elation has entered the shipyard.

futaba951

Thanks for the links. We are leaving in just under 3 weeks and can't wait. Does anybody know what they are doing to the Elation while in drydock? Can't wait to see her sail for Miami

Thanks for the links. We are leaving in just under 3 weeks and can't wait. Does anybody know what they are doing to the Elation while in drydock? Can't wait to see her sail for Miami

I had heard she was just getting a clean over nothing major, but like i said its just what i heard.

The Elation is my favorite ship we sail on her for a second time this September. Can't wait!

I heard they were converting all the cabins to suites!

Maybe that's what I was dreaming about last night as I counted the days drifting of to sleep :)

Its encouraging that the brief review from its last sailing from TX said it was in top shape and still clean and bright. Lets just hope they don't do some preventative maintenance on the propulsion system!

ohhh, I like that idea - all the cabins to Suites. (SIGH....... just a dream).

If anyone hears what they are doing to her, please post. We sail again on her 2/3/07 (did the 2/20/06 sailing this year out of Galveston). We switched from the Valor as DH decided doesn't want to do a 7 day cruise. Putting the savings to good use though - wer'e taking my DS and DDIL on their first cruise as a late 1st anniversary present/Chrsitmas present (and so DS can help celebrate my 50th)

I requested directly from Carnival as to what refurbishments the Elation would be undergoing during its drydock. Carnival's response was painting of cabins and common areas and new carpeting.

Hope it looks spankin brand new when I board her on 7/30/06

I asked my PVP and he advised she -may- get a mini-golf like her other sisters did. Also, he advised bedding will be changed to "new style". He advised that all suites will be getting flat screen TV's and that eventually (if not this go round) all TV's will be converted to flat panel. I can't wait to cruise her next month.

I asked my PVP and he advised she -may- get a mini-golf like her other sisters did. Also, he advised bedding will be changed to "new style". He advised that all suites will be getting flat screen TV's and that eventually (if not this go round) all TV's will be converted to flat panel. I can't wait to cruise her next month.

Very interesting, becasue it has been widely reported that thre bedding was swapped out quiet a while ago.

Keep in mind that the main reason for the dry docking is to comply with the license requirements, inspect and repaint the hull and check and repair the propulsion systems.

All of the cosmetic stuff can be done without being in drydock. In fact most ships have ongoing painting and repair/replacement projects. Of course it is easier to complete all these type things when the ship is in drydock becasue there are no passengers.

I hope someone is planning on doing a review when you return from the cruise. We're going to be on the Elation in September and we're curious to hear the changes/updates. We've been on the Elation twice and had a great time. We're also looking forward to the new itinerary.

Can't wait to hear about your cruise!!! Have a wonderful time. :D

Sorry to all those that wish this thread would just go away :) Elation looks like she's ready to roll for her first sailing tomorrow (Elation on the right, Fascination on the left). The Wachovia cam is pretty neat, I could zoom all the way in to the aft pool. Tomorrow at this time we can probably see what the drink of the day is!

1144901852192162.jpg

I heard they were converting all the cabins to suites!

Maybe that's what I was dreaming about last night as I counted the days drifting of to sleep :)

Its encouraging that the brief review from its last sailing from TX said it was in top shape and still clean and bright. Lets just hope they don't do some preventative maintenance on the propulsion system!

Good dream

Archived