Any word on the April 8th sailing for Mercury?

chrismch

I just heard from a friend who heard from a friend on board that things were polished up some when they finally got on board but the next day the bleaching started. That was Sunday and I've heard nothing since.

One of the postings on Tuggers cruise said that the CDC was recommending the bleach continue for 4 to 5 days on the 4/7 cruise, so what Tuggers is saying is very believable.

The important thing is to see if they stop bleaching on Tuesday or at the latest, Wednesday. That's the indicator for me.

Rick

My husband and I are on the April 28th sailing, the same trip as Walter, and I hope that someone on the current sailing is generous enough to share their thoughts about their sailing. I am thinking positive thoughts that the conditions have improved for these passengers and that the "bleaching" is under control. This is to be our 10th cruise with Celebrity and the first time we have ever had a second thought about what the experience will be like. We are trying to remain positive, but have read enough to be more than a bit wary. Here's hoping Celebrity gets their act together starting NOW!!! We all have our opinions, and mine is that loyalty can only keep passengers coming back for so long...you have to deliver what you promise to your clients to earn and keep the loyalty! I am eagerly awaiting to find out if those in charge are actually listening and doing what is fair and safe for their passengers and employees. Linda

My friend Kim (harkingk) called Sunday from the Mercury and said so far it seems to be much better than the previous cruises. Sushi is available, there are sanitizing stations at the buffet with a crew member attending to make sure everyone utilizes it.. There are still no pads on the pool chairs and she said the cabin numbers will need to be replaced. A slight bleach odor was in their cabin but she anticipated this and brought deodorizers. Hopefully this will continue and all on board will be able to enjoy what has come to be expected of an X cruise.

When we boarded 3/27 the pads were not on the loungers either...I am trying to remember when they went on...I think very early the next morning...for about two days, then gone...

Gald to hear that hardingk was doing Ok at boarding. They were really working to bring the ship back to "normal" beginning the day before we returned. Polish to remove the pitting on the metal, cleaning the glass and the elevators and their doors. It was nice to see it shining up, and I am sure it would have made those coming on board feel more comfortable.

If at boarding they boarding seeing what we saw, I am sure it would have been a very quick about face.

Hi Guys! Kim called this afternoon and wanted to let everyone know that everything is going well on the Mercury. She heard there were a couple of cases of the virus early in the cruise but nothing currently. They are beginning to varnish some of the wood which had been stripped by all of the cleanings. Sanitizing stations are still in place and someone serves the food at the buffet. I, myself expect this may be a practice that Celebrity continues.

When I last checked a few days before the sailing,

there were 140 CC members signed up for the

Celebrity Connection party.

With that many CC'ers on board we should have heard

something, especially if there were ongoing problems.

Have a great cruise Edie.:D

Reggie :)

On the CDC website only the first two cruises were listed, the one I was on and the one out now were not...this leads me to believe there are not high levels of illness...I do hope the ship is starting to get back to normal and they are not affected by an entire cruise of sanitization procedures other than maybe the hand sanitizers at the food venues.

Archived