Free items to repeat customers?

Gingee

I have noticed that some people have been selling things from Royal on ebay that was given to them for being repeat customers. Some things are fanny packs, little duffle bags, etc. This will be my second time with Royal (Vision) and I was wondering whether to expect anything like this from Royal.

Be sure that you sign up for RCI's Crown & Anchor - after one cruise credit, you qualify as a Gold Member and you will receive a nice coupon book and a free "goodie" in your cabin during your cruise. You must be a C&A member. You can enroll online at the RCI website. Then link your C&A membership number to your upcoming cruise confirmation number, and you should be good to go.

We always get two gifts. When we cruise with our grandson, he does not get a gift. Now that our grandson is 18 he will. Reminds me, I need to sign him up in C&A. I think he is platinum by now.

When you are eighteen you get a gift? On Carnival, our girls didn't get one and our oldest was eighteen at that time. This is our first cruise without our girls. You know that "special anniversary"?

On our last cruise, we got tote bags, which were handy during the week. On this last cruise, we got RCI hats. They're actually pretty nice. They're navy blue w/yellow around the edge. My boys snagged them up immediately and wore them to keep the sun out of their eyes.

When was your cruise? On my 3 cruises last month, I got tote bags embroidered with the ship's name. I actually found them very nice and have use of the at home. If you are Crown and Anchor member then you will get the gift in your room.

We just returned from a cruise on the Jewel. We're also Crown & Anchor members but it seemed like almost every evening we would find some small gift in our cabin because we were C&A members. The first night we had an invitation to a "welcome back" party. After that we had a nice small canvas bag with the ships name & logo embroidered on it, perfect for days at sea to carry your book, sunglasses, etc, a package of postcards with pictures of the ship, small stuff like that. There were always two of everything. The couple we were sailing with had not cruised before so I gave her the second bag & set of post cards. This was our third RC cruise & we're planning another next year. Getting closer to that Platium level!

My DH and I each got the toiletry bag with Vision embroidered on it about 5 days into our cruise on Vision last June and we hadn't enrolled in C & A yet. On Grandeur, the steward gave my first time cruising sister a tote bag and said "give this to your sister" and a few days later I got post cards that said welcome back C & A member. So I was thinking the tote bag was for my sister. This year seems to be the year for tote bags so I'll have to see what and how many I get on my B2B on Sovereign in 2 weeks.

I think it's not very nice to turn around and sell something you got as a gift, especially a souvenir that is given away free to thousands of people every week. I also find it unbelievable that people will actually buy this stuff.

I have even seen people list cruise brochures on Ebay. You can get any cruise brochure free just by requesting it from the cruise company.

How about the people who have tried selling used coke cups, misprepresenting them to make them out to be a way to save $ on coke purchases onboard a ship.

I suppose I'll never get rich, I just cannot take advantage of other people that way. I have too much of a conscience.

OK, I'm climbing down off my soapbox now.

Our welcome back gifts last year were small flashlights???? The couple we cruised with (also gold members) received alarm clocks. No tote bags.

Flash lights would be great. My DH loves flashlights, it is an obsession, he has about 20 different flashlights so another one is not really need but it would make him happy and would be treasured because of RCCL logo and ship name on it. We did receive the totes on Sovereign trip lasts year.

One year we got C&A fm radios, the loyality ambassidor joked where can you get a FM signal on a cruise. Our kids always got a gift even when they were under 18 years . Also once your kids turn 18 if you call C&A and they will credit the kids account.

We got the embroidered tote bags and postcards on our Serenade cruise in January. I use my tote bag almost everyday to carry stuff back and forth from work. It's a nice feeling to catch a glimpse of the bag and see the RCCL logo...it reminds me of WHY I work (for eventual retirement and for cruising!) :D

Next month, we'll be taking a 14 day cruise. Do we get more 'goodies' since the cruise is twice as long?

I think it's not very nice to turn around and sell something you got as a gift, especially a souvenir that is given away free to thousands of people every week. I also find it unbelievable that people will actually buy this stuff.

I have even seen people list cruise brochures on Ebay. You can get any cruise brochure free just by requesting it from the cruise company.

How about the people who have tried selling used coke cups, misprepresenting them to make them out to be a way to save $ on coke purchases onboard a ship.

I suppose I'll never get rich, I just cannot take advantage of other people that way. I have too much of a conscience.

OK, I'm climbing down off my soapbox now.

Hi...I certainly agree with Kathy about selling "free" gifts on Ebay! We have unused ( except for 1 item) Diamond coupon books, as well as tote bags, from our December cruise. We would never sell them. Give them away, yes. A question--How long are the booklets good for? Just the cruise you are on? It does say, in bold letters, "Good For This Sailing Only". Has anyone used them on later sailings?

Also, I do think it is okay to sell items you have bought on the ships. Did anyone see that someone sold an Empress OTS ship replica? It sold for $129.00!! So, get out your old ship models, put them on Ebay, and get a 3 day cuise to somewhere!!

Helen

It appears your cabin steward has to remember to give this stuff out. I wonder if there's a difference between types of cabins. I'll let you know when I get back from my B2B on Sovereign, the first 3 days is in an interior, the next 4 days is in a JS

Archived