LaQuinta Inn, Miami Airport East

Hugahav

My husband and I are finalizing the plans for our 25th Anniversary cruise aboard the Oceania Regatta on Feb. 13/07. I've been trying to find a reasonably priced hotel (if there is such a thing in Miami <g>) for a one night pre-cruise stay. The La Quinta Inn, Miami Airport East on Le Jeune Road has the best price of any I've found so far at $129 US per night. I can't seem to find any reviews of this hotel though, so I was wondering if anyone here has stayed there and what your impressions were? Tell me the good, the bad and/or the ugly so I can either go for it or cross it off the list. ;)

Many thanks in advance!

My husband and I are finalizing the plans for our 25th Anniversary cruise aboard the Oceania Regatta on Feb. 13/07. I've been trying to find a reasonably priced hotel (if there is such a thing in Miami <g>) for a one night pre-cruise stay. The La Quinta Inn, Miami Airport East on Le Jeune Road has the best price of any I've found so far at $129 US per night. I can't seem to find any reviews of this hotel though, so I was wondering if anyone here has stayed there and what your impressions were? Tell me the good, the bad and/or the ugly so I can either go for it or cross it off the list. ;)

Many thanks in advance!

I am staying there pre cruise 04/28 & post cruise 05/06. I plan to post a review when I get back.

I am sure anyone who is staying there b4 then or have done so recently, will be happy to tell you what its like.

The general consensus though seems to be its the perfect spot for a pre cruise stay if you are just looking for a clean, comfortable place to spend the night.

Thanks for your reply Keith! We're arriving in Miami in the early afternoon, so we're looking for a place that's clean and comfortable, but also within walking distance of shops so we can kill some time and pick up some pre-cruise 'supplies'. ;) I'd also be interested in knowing about restaurants in the area.

Wow, your vacation is fast approaching! Have a wonderful time and I look forward to reading your report when you return!

Bon Voyage!

• 1 month later...
The La Quinta Inn, Miami Airport East on Le Jeune Road has the best price of any I've found so far at $129 US per night. I can't seem to find any reviews of this hotel though, so I was wondering if anyone here has stayed there and what your impressions were? Tell me the good, the bad and/or the ugly so I can either go for it or cross it off the list. ;)

Many thanks in advance!

I think this was a Baymont Inn and recently changed names.

You could try review on http://www.tripadvisor.com/

We stayed at this address in January. At that time it was a Baymont Inn. They offered free shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port. I don't know if LaQuinta does that or not. The location is alright for just an overnight stay. Other than the Bennigans next door, there is nothing else around.

I just stayed ( 5/12/06) at the La Quinta/Baymont on LeJeune Rd. The hotel was very clean, the staff was extremely pleasant & helpful, the free breakfast in the morning was very nice & more than just the run of the mill continental one offered by most hotels.. They offer a shuttle from the airport to the hotel & then to the cruise pier. There is a Bennigan's right next door for dinner but beyond that there is nothing within walking distance. For the price & convience this is a great LITTLE hotel.

Many thanks in advance!

We are going to this hotel in June. $129 sounds a little high, (we got $83 for the room and guaranteed free parking) but I guess it kind of depends on the season you go. We'll post a review on the hotel when we get back.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies everyone! I actually booked both the La Quinta and the Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland and am gathering info and recommendations on both. The Hampton is $30 more, but seems to be in a nicer area, and across the street from a shopping plaza.

Decisions, decisions! LOL! ;)

We stayed at this hotel pre cruise on June 4th and post cruise June 10th. We paid $68.05 plus tax per night. If it's just a place to sleep, it would be fine. For an extended stay we would go elswhere. Continental was one of the better ones we have had, eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. Free shuttle, close to port. It is in the flight path, takeoff and landing of Miami Airport, so it get's a little noisy. Grandkids spent a lot of time in the pool.

Hope this helps

Mike

Archived