How early should I book to get a Hump Cabin?

lovemylab

As soon as bookings open up. Hump cabins and aft cabins are the most popular on the ship and go quickly.

The advantage to booking early, at least with RCCL, is that if your price goes up after booking you are price protected. BUT if your price goes down before final payment, you can call RCCL and get the lower price. Many times you can even get the lower price after final payment (but not always).

DH/I booked our hump cabin a little over a year in advance. This is due to a back-to-back cruise and we wanted to make sure that we could obtain the same cabin for two cruises.When we booked in August last year, some of the hump cabins were already booked for both of our cruises.

The hump and aft cabins are the most popular on the ship. Book as early as possible to make sure you can obtain the one you want.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

• 1 month later...
I am sorry if this is common knowledge, but what is a hump cabin? i know aft cabin is the ones at the very end of the ship which have huge bacolonies but what is hump cabin? thanks:confused:

looking at the deck plans-- the hump cabins are midship and bump out from the rest of the side balconies.

We actually made our booking decision based on getting a hump cabin. We wanted to cruise the Southern Caribbean and one route had a hump available and one didn't, so we decided to go on the route that did! We were in cabin 7320 on the Navigator and will be in 8318 on Adventure in July.

If you want a hump don't get discouraged if you don't see any available. Keep checking back, or tell the TA you'll book with him/her if he/she can find one for you. Cabins get placed on hold and aren't always booked.

But you'll have a great time no matter where you are!!:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Alright, here's my stupid question of the day. Can you tell from looking at the deck plan which cabins are the hump cabins, or do you need to ask someone? I've never heard of this, and now I'm intrigued by it.

We're booked on the Conquest in October and just wondered which cabins on there are the bump cabins.

We have just (a couple of weeks ago) booked out very first cruise on FOS. After reading all the information on these boards, we decided we wanted a port hump cabin, but as we were booking the Christmas sailing (2007) thought it would be a very popular cruise and we 'may' have left it too late.

With that said, we were very excited and pleased not just to get a port hump, but the one we really wanted in the middle on deck 8, No: 8638.

Archived