Elation

GracieC

Gracie, the answer would be no. Elation has been in drydock for the last two weeks. The first cruise will be this weekend, an 8-day leaving on the 22nd. Then I'm headed out on the 30th. If you don't see one before, I will definitely be posting a review when I get back.

Typically ,what are they doing to a boat that is in Dry Dock?
Usually, just typical maintenence with the exterior and interior. Some new bedding, some rooms being redone if needed. If it is an extensive drycock like the Fantasy, they may even put in a new mini golf course. Otherwise, all previous problems will be fixed, along with a ship looking new.

Its been hard to get a solid answer about what they are doing to it. Even calls to CCL seem to come up short. In any event, we will find out on the 30th when we sail... Mini golf or not, good time here we come!!

Its been posted before, but this is a neat webcam of it currently: http://www.zeitcam.com/showcam.php?cam=mobile&day=20060419

This Sat will be the first sailing of the Elation since it's drydock in early April. I also cannot wait to see a review from the new itenerary and spruced up ship!! We have a nice roll call group heading out May 7th!!:D

Its been hard to get a solid answer about what they are doing to it. Even calls to CCL seem to come up short. In any event, we will find out on the 30th when we sail... Mini golf or not, good time here we come!!

Its been posted before, but this is a neat webcam of it currently: http://www.zeitcam.com/showcam.php?cam=mobile&day=20060419

The webcam loop about 8am today shows Elation going back down into the water. Won't be long before it heads out of the shipyard now.

My PVP said that we will be on the first cruise out of drydock. We will be sailing this Saturday. She said that they have really done some work on her while in dry dock. I will find out in a few days.

Don't be surprised or disappointed if the work is not complete. It seems that it usually takes a couple of cruises after the ships get out of drydock to finish everything.

My PVP said that we will be on the first cruise out of drydock. We will be sailing this Saturday. She said that they have really done some work on her while in dry dock. I will find out in a few days.

Don't be surprised or disappointed if the work is not complete. It seems that it usually takes a couple of cruises after the ships get out of drydock to finish everything.

That's a good point. I have read so much lately about the Sensation that when my PVP called last night I booked a cruise on her just to find out. How bad can it be? We plan to take the good with the bad, we are not hard to please. DH and I are so laid back. Don't care if the foods not the best, beds not made or if our room get cleaned, we can do that ourselves. We just enjoy being on the ship, a bucket of beer and all those lovely people onboard.

Was on the elation a couple weeks ago, her last voyage before drydock. She is a real beauty. They were going to replace some carpets and put a new sound system in her I know. She was in great shape, so anything they done can only make her more beautiful. If your in the inspiration dining room and your waiter is A and Imade tell them hi from their new Ky friends, you wont be disappointed with them, also there is a sexy bar maid named Juliette in the Drama bar, shes a lot of fun. Have a great cruise because the ships a beauty.

Archived