Tender Stairs Question

angelrmt

iN TENDERING TO COZUMEL AND GRAND CAYMAN ISLAND, ABOUT HOW MANY STAIRS ARE THERE FROM THE SHIP TO THE TENDER BOAT? i WILL BE ON A MANUAL WHEELCHAIR BUT i CAN WALK SOME AND WALK DOWN THE STAIRS TO GET TO THE BOAT. I WAS JUST WANTING TO KNOW IF THERE ARE A LOT OF STAIRS OR JUST A FEW AND ARE THEY VERY STEEP? THANKS. ANGEL

It depends on the ship. Last week on the Grand Princess, there were no stairs. There was a ramp to the top level of the tender going to shore and one from the bottom level of the tender returning to the ship. However, the water was rough when we returned so the transfer from the tender to the ship was a bit difficult.

In January on the NCL Dawn there was also a ramp. The crew was wonderful I usually have to assist my husband on the ramps but they did everything.There was one problem in Cozumel there wasn't enough tenders running towards the end of the day that they had to get some of the boats that come from the main land to help out. I was glad we come back early, although we left late, because of the tender problem.He didn't get off the boat in Grand Cayman it was a little rough and there was about 6 ships in port that day. More enjoyable to stay on board.

iN TENDERING TO COZUMEL AND GRAND CAYMAN ISLAND, ABOUT HOW MANY STAIRS ARE THERE FROM THE SHIP TO THE TENDER BOAT? i WILL BE ON A MANUAL WHEELCHAIR BUT i CAN WALK SOME AND WALK DOWN THE STAIRS TO GET TO THE BOAT. I WAS JUST WANTING TO KNOW IF THERE ARE A LOT OF STAIRS OR JUST A FEW AND ARE THEY VERY STEEP? THANKS. ANGEL

I was in Grand Cayman last week on the Enchantment RCCL. There were about 10 steps but the crew carried me up and down in my chair. No problems at all.

Archived