JS on Granduer?

I'm sailing the Granduer on 21 July (by myself evidently since I don't have anyone joining my roll call) :( But, my question is about the Junior Suite. One would think that the rooms with the same names would be the same sizes on all the ships, but from what I've seen and read, the JS on Granduer is smaller. Can anyone confirm? I've read about walk in closets, but they don't look like they are on the Granduer.

Also, has anyone stayed in 8534? It looks to be under the pool deck but back a little more toward the elevators. What should I expect as far as overhead noise? I've read some posts that have me a little concerned....

Thanks for all the help!

I can tell you that 8072 on Grandeur was smaller than 9624 on Mariner, not significantly but noticable. Grandeur did not have a walkin closet, but there was adequate space, the head was the same. There was a bit of noise in our cabin since it was under a crew storage space, and they worked in it 24 hours a day, dragging things around and such as that. No pool deck noise, but work related noise.

I had JS8544. I've posted the pics of the JS at webshots.com (and all 5 days of the Compasses). Go to webshots.com, click on the "community" tab and search by member name (wolfcathorse). I thought the JS was the same size as my large oceanview on Vision. No walk-in closet, nice bathroom though.

HI!

No one is joining my roll call either, we are sailing the week before you. Last year we had an Aft 8586 is was very nice , large closet not walk in though. Larger bathroom was great! We will be in 8052 this July.

Have a fun trip!! :)

I had a corner aft JS on deck 7 and we did have a walk in closet.:)

We were shocked!! The room seems about the same size as other JS. The balcony on the corner aft was unbelievable! It was huge with 2 lounge chairs and 2 regular chairs and a big table and room to spare. We are sailing aft on Mariner this Sunday and our balcony or closet will not be as big!:(

• 2 weeks later...

I just got off the Granduer yesterday! We were in JS 8030. We did not have a walk-in closet. I didn't think the size was any different then our JS on the Explorer. We did here some noise from above...Pool Deck,not much and it never woke us up!

I did find the ship to be aging. We went to one production show and that's it....I thought they were much better on the Explorer and Navigator, we also found other things to do...Karaoke Idol was great...never knew there was so much good talent out there! The food was great, as was our room attendant..Rodney, and our wait staff..Raijv and Sonny....our headwaiter was awesome too!! Our weather was just perfect....couldn't ask for anything better!

Being on a smaller ship you really get to know everyone...I really enjoyed that. Nothing was ever crowded! We never had a problem with chairs at the pool....more then enough to go around!!

Ollie :)

We had an AFT JS on Grandeur in March.... I thought the size was comparable to the size of a D1 on a Voyager Class ship... The JS's on the side of the ship are bigger (wider) than the AFT JS's. We did not have the walk in closet, but I *think* you do in the JS's on the side of the ship. Absolutely loved the big balcony though, it was well worth it with 2 people in the room. If we had 4 people in our room though, I think I would prefer a JS on the side of the ship.

The room sizes are different on the different classes of ships. It does show the square footage of each catagory on the RCL website. I was curious, so I took a look….

JS on Mariner: 299 sq feet

JS on Brilliance: 293 sq feet

JS on Grandeur: 245 sq feet

JS on Sovereign: 264 sq feet

JS on Empress: 194 sq feet

The price difference between a JS and a Balcony Cabin on the Vision Class is a lot smaller than it is on the classes of ships and it's my guess that the smaller differences in the room sizes are part of the reason.

You'll enjoy Grandeur... We loved how intimate the ship felt. You really get to know the other pax.

Archived