Is the Venice Card worth it?

I'm trying to decide whether to purchase the Venice Blue card- I know the cost of the Alilaguna from the airport is 10 EU pp one way, but does anyone have any idea about the cost for individual rides on the Vaporetto?

We'd like to "cruise" the Grand Canal and perhaps go out to (high pressure) Murano, but I'm not sure if that justifies the cost of the Blue Venice pass (32.5 EU for 3 days or 16.50 for one day, without the Alilaguna). Free use of a few designated toilets is included, but are free bathrooms that hard to find (i.e., trusty ol' McDonalds)?

Nina

About the Venice card, did you try doing to a search on this forum? There have been many discussions in the recent past. See http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=314949 as an example.

A single ride on the vaporetto is 5 euro, but they also sell a one-day travel card for €12.00, valid 24 hours from the time of first use (validation/stamping). The three-day travel card is €25,00 and is valid for 72 hours. See www.actv.it/english/home.php, click on Water Buses at the top.

We were in Venice re a land trip and di not even buy one..would not have used it.No problem finding bathrooms either and I think people end up walking more than they think they will.Enjoy your stay in Venice.

I really debated this last summer. Thought we would really be able to take advantage with almost 3 full days in Venice pre-cruise. I did not book it ahead of time and was very glad. There was so much to see and do, we did not even scratch the surface. I would not have gotten my money's worth in such a short period of time. Lot's more walking and wandering through the narrow streets than I had imagined. Enjoy your explorations!

Thanks, everyone for the input and the websites- I think the one day vaporetta pass would be the way to go- I didn't know there was such a thing!

I imagine you buy this pass in Venice as oppposed to buying it before leaving the U.S.? Are they sold where you board the vaporetta, then?

Nina

You should be able to buy the one day passes at the ACTV booths where you board the waterbuses. I don't know if they take credit or debit cards so be sure to have enough euros.

Have a great next cruise.

Archived