Question about Eating on JS Balcony

Perki

We are booked in a Jr Suite on Adventure of the Seas and wondering if a larger table can fit onto balcony. We always enjoy eating breakfast out there on our past cruises and noticed there is only a small side table that looks only big enough to hold a couple of glasses, certainly not breakfast for two. Anyone have any experience with this I would appreciate any info. Thanks!

The cruise lines frown on any other "extra" articles on the balcony other than what is already there. I had a 50+ foot corner balcony Aft on the Carnival Destiny last Year. I brought a Sofa from the room out there to enjoy the sunset. The chairs they had werekinda cheap and uncormfortable. The sofa worked out great but I left it out there when we went to dinner. When I returned at 1 am the sofa was out of the room altogether. I called the cabin stewart (at 1am) & asked where it was. He informed me that I can't have the sofa out there because of the salt air and he removed it from the cabin. I informed him to return the sofa immediately and that while he was correct that I should not left the sofa out there, he had no right to remove the worn out sofa with no warning or message that it was gone. He wasn't happy getting out of bed to haul this thing back into the room. I wasn't concerned about rain because it would have only helped to clean it anyway:D. I could never understand why balcony furniture is so cheap & useless.

We had one of those small tables and it held both our plates and our coffee cups. Just put the coffee urn on the ground under it. There was a small glass table in the cabin that was a little bigger we could have brought out but didn't need it.

The tables are pretty small...even on the JS balcony. Last summer there was a lot of discussion on the CC boards about "roll-a-tables." We bought one and love it. Check camping supply web sites. It's basically a table top that you unroll and attach metal legs to. We brought ours as a piece of checked luggage in the bag from a "chair-in-a-bag." Airline accepted it, no problem.

Worked out perfectly for dining -- and is perfect dining table height.

FYI - we did leave it on the balcony...we anchored it to one of the chairs. May want to bring it in on port days...they tend to hose down the balconies on those days.

Well I guess PAGA you are certainly the savior with that recommendation! I'll have to look into them, never seen them but I haven't gone camping since I was in Girl Scouts and that was a LONG time ago (teehee)! The height of that little side table is also the issue, more comfortable eating at a regular height table of course, but who can complain much while sitting in the Caribbean eating some bacon with a bloody mary?! :) Thanks all!

It's so much easier and comfortable to go to the dining room and have a nice meal. Unless you're docked, the wind on the balconies can make eating most unpleasant! We were in the last JS on the aft port side. Our balcony was larger than the other side JS's, since it extended all the way past our room! We did have a large square table, 2 chairs and a chaise lounge. I noticed the other JS's had 1 chair, 1 chaise and a small round table. (I must mention that we had a partially obstructed view (supposedly!) but it wasn't a major factor for us!) We saw plenty!!!

The cruise lines frown on any other "extra" articles on the balcony other than what is already there. I had a 50+ foot corner balcony Aft on the Carnival Destiny last Year. I brought a Sofa from the room out there to enjoy the sunset. The chairs they had werekinda cheap and uncormfortable. The sofa worked out great but I left it out there when we went to dinner. When I returned at 1 am the sofa was out of the room altogether. I called the cabin stewart (at 1am) & asked where it was. He informed me that I can't have the sofa out there because of the salt air and he removed it from the cabin. I informed him to return the sofa immediately and that while he was correct that I should not left the sofa out there, he had no right to remove the worn out sofa with no warning or message that it was gone. He wasn't happy getting out of bed to haul this thing back into the room. I wasn't concerned about rain because it would have only helped to clean it anyway:D. I could never understand why balcony furniture is so cheap & useless.

I am so sorry to be laughing at your expense, but your story was hilarious!!! Really got me going on that one. Thanks for the story of my day!!!!:D :D :D :D

Archived