Carnival Owns Rccl Fact Or Fiction

Is it true that Carnival owns RCCL and Celebrity. Someone told me this but I had no idea if it was true. If so why not use C & A status on Carnival like on Celebrity.

Dear Lord,no...

Brn2Crz>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> picks self up off floor...Cold compress to control the fainting..:p

I believe folks are overlooking something.

Carnival Corporation owns the following INDEPENDANT/SEPERATE divisions:

Carnival Cruise Line

Costa

Holland America

Princess

P&O

Cunard

Dave

Sorry, Dave... they may be divisions, but they are certainly not independent. Carnival, the parent corporation, makes all the important decisions. If it is shown (as seems to be the case) that the fire on the Princess ship was caused by a cigarette, you had better believe that...

1. Carnival would be sued

2. Carnival will implement changes to the smoking policy for all ships under their umbrella.

I believe folks are overlooking something.

Carnival Corporation owns the following INDEPENDANT/SEPERATE divisions:

Carnival Cruise Line

Costa

Holland America

Princess

P&O

Cunard

Dave

No way. Mickey Arison rules the corporation and believe me he has the last say over all of those lines. Ask the Princess faithful how much their line changed after Mickey and company took over.

Financially wise, Mom's friend, Jimmy Cramer, on his CNBC show tonight, talked briefly with Adam Goldstein. Mr. Goldstein, of course, spoke very positively about RCL. Cramer agreed. Previously, Cramer has favored CCL over RCL. Tonight he recanted and pointed to RCL as a better investment then CCL. GET OUT THERE!

Financially wise, Mom's friend, Jimmy Cramer, on his CNBC show tonight, talked briefly with Adam Goldstein. Mr. Goldstein, of course, spoke very positively about RCL. Cramer agreed. Previously, Cramer has favored CCL over RCL. Tonight he recanted and pointed to RCL as a better investment then CCL. GET OUT THERE!
He must have cruised on both!! ;) ;) :D :D

Sorry, Dave... they may be divisions, but they are certainly not independent. Carnival, the parent corporation, makes all the important decisions. If it is shown (as seems to be the case) that the fire on the Princess ship was caused by a cigarette, you had better believe that...

1. Carnival would be sued

2. Carnival will implement changes to the smoking policy for all ships under their umbrella.

When did you hear that the Princess fire "seems to have been caused by a cigarette" & if they find liquor was used as an accelerant what then?

Thanks for the info I feel so much better knowing Carnival does not own and never will own RCCL.

Never say "never," but I would eat a serving of dog chow if they bought Carnival, and yes, you could all come on a cruise and watch me do it.

Archived