Refurbished Century

nsshel

Talk to me about the Century. I would especially like to know if the t. pool will still be available. Does anyone know what the charges are for the pool on a two week cruise? Thinking of cruising on her in Sept. Thanks

Talk to me about the Century. I would especially like to know if the t. pool will still be available. Does anyone know what the charges are for the pool on a two week cruise? Thinking of cruising on her in Sept. Thanks

Hi Nsshel !

I was on Century a month ago, and had a fantastic time. I have been on her several times before. She never disappoints us.

Century is headed into drydock in a few more days, for about a month. From what we hear, the T-Pool will be gone. Many changes are planned for the ship. The big items are 400+ balconies added, refurbished cabins & bathrooms, and a specialty restaurant added.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks Andy,

We have been on her once about three years ago. As I remember the mattresses were not great. Hope that they will upgrade those. Would love for Celebrity to go to the pillow top like HAL. We did have good luck requesting an egg crate topper on Century though. Hate to hear about the T. pool. Maybe they will change their minds and leave it alone.

Hi Nsshel !

I was on Century a month ago, and had a fantastic time. I have been on her several times before. She never disappoints us.

Century is headed into drydock in a few more days, for about a month. From what we hear, the T-Pool will be gone. Many changes are planned for the ship. The big items are 400+ balconies added, refurbished cabins & bathrooms, and a specialty restaurant added.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Andy: Are the same changes being made for the Galaxy when it goes into dry dock in a few months?

come join us for the Sept 2 cruise on Century Amsterdam to Barcelona.

I have lots of info about private tours and ports. Yes we are sorry to see the T pool going too. I had been looking forward to relaxing in it.

Hopefully the beds will be upgraded.

Francine

Andy: Are the same changes being made for the Galaxy when it goes into dry dock in a few months?

I do not think so, not for 2006 anyway. It is probably more along the lines of a standard drydock then.

I would think once Celebrity knows if Century's refurb is a hit or not, then they will make a decision on whether to revitalize Galaxy and Mercury.

come join us for the Sept 2 cruise on Century Amsterdam to Barcelona.

I have lots of info about private tours and ports. Yes we are sorry to see the T pool going too. I had been looking forward to relaxing in it.

Hopefully the beds will be upgraded.

Francine

Hi Francine !

I am reasonably certain the beds and linens will be upgraded. That is what one of the Assistant Chief Housekeepers told me, when I asked.

Thanks Andy:

I guess that since we are in a Sky Suite we would get the better beds anyway. I had not considered that before I posted.

We are really looking forward to our cruise on the refitted Century and having a Suite is even more exciting as it is the first time we upgraded from just a balcony. Our first 3 cruises were all on older ships with a window only, then we tried out a balcony and now a suite. Moving on up. 130 days till we cruise. I can hardly wait.

Francine

Thanks Andy:

I guess that since we are in a Sky Suite we would get the better beds anyway. I had not considered that before I posted.

We are really looking forward to our cruise on the refitted Century and having a Suite is even more exciting as it is the first time we upgraded from just a balcony. Our first 3 cruises were all on older ships with a window only, then we tried out a balcony and now a suite. Moving on up. 130 days till we cruise. I can hardly wait.

Francine

That's awesome Francine. Hopefully, you will tell us all about your Cruise when you return. Have a great time !

:) Hi everyone

Just to say that my husband and I are sailing on Century from Barcelona to Dover, UK, from 30 May - June 9, which is immediately following her refurbishment. I will let you all know how she looks, following our return.

Just hoping it all gets finished on time!

It appears you're right. They're going to get rid of the T-pool, the one thing that kept me coming back to the C-class and off the M-class ships. IMO the over-crowded free-for-all T-pool on the M-class doesn't compare. I can only assume they're going to do the same thing to Galaxy and Mercury. Good bye Celebrity.

Funny - I much prefer the T-pools on the Mille class ships. Part of the reason I prefer to book them over the C-class.

Now if they would turn the oft underused aft pools on the Galaxy and Mercury to T-pools I would be a permanant guest on the Mercury or Galaxy. Mercury has to be one of the most beautiful ships ever!

C2C - Sorry to go off topic here, but I've seen from your postings that you've done cruises involving the Greek Isles. I'm contemplating a Greek Isle Cruise but as yet I'm still not sure if it appeals to me to do just one area. I'm thinking of doing Splendour of the Seas Greek Isles and Greek Isles and turkey back-to-back.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/search/vacationSearchResult.do;jsessionid=0000t9mhZaAoU6WxhHfk4FCtFbJ:10ktdmm42?cS=QVS&date=20073&dest=EUROP&port=VCE&ship=SP&cruiseTourOnly=false&x=36&y=8

I did the Med last year (Barcelona, Marseille, Villefrance, Livorno, Rome and Naples) and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I would appreciate any input you can provide on the various island and any excursions you might have done. (email: frances.maxwell@cogeco.ca)

Many thanks.

Frances

I'm contemplating a Greek Isle Cruise but as yet I'm still not sure if it appeals to me to do just one area. I'm thinking of doing Splendour of the Seas Greek Isles and Greek Isles and turkey back-to-back.

Frances

The older I get the more I appreciate ruins.

I love history and historic sites. We have been to Santorini rode up on the a$$e$.. what a treat, Rhodes... fantastic, Ephesus, not to be missed, Istanbul.. the capital of the Roman Empire for as long as Rome was. If do not enjoy the western Med as much as the east... one cruise there is not enough. We have cruised there on NCL Dream (forget about it) and Galaxy before. I'll go back again and again. The ship is not as important as the itinerary. Everywhere you walk you have to reflect on people who walked there three thousand years ago..

As I've stated before.. Century is our favorite X ship. While on Galaxy next month we'll be booking next year's crossing in April and the following two cruises to the Flords and Scotland..... till I get back in June.. time to get spoiled again

C 2 C - thanks for the link - Wow the new Murano Rest. sounds like it will be really nice. Can not wait to dine there. I hope being in suite we get preferencial reservations to it. I hate to stand in line to make dinning reservations. Sorry to miss the T pool but we will just make do by trying the hot tubs.

Literary Lynne - I will be looking for your review of the new referbished Century - Enyoy your cruise, I wish ours was closer than 136 days.

Suite Crusing - we went to Santorini, Corfu and 2 stops in turkey - Ephesus and Antolya. Loved Santorini and Corfu - The stops in Turkey were very historical but the shopping was unbelievable - great buys if that is your thing.

Not my DH but he went along.

enjoy your cruise - I will post after ours in Sept to give a review of ship and ports.

Francine

Sunset Verandahs

191.6 sq. ft cabin

46.3 sq. ft.

Concierge Class

172 sq ft cabin

46.3 sq. ft.

The new Sunset Verandahs will be larger cabins than the Concierge Class. I keep wondering why they didn't just make them into a cc. But they are larger and less expensive and they are aft, aft.

What do you think?

I like the CC class, so we booked the CC balcony cabin, which as you said, is smaller. We booked the Sunset Veranda balcony cabin for our four sons, because we figured they wouldn't miss the amenities of a CC class and they'll have more room for the four of them. But I agree, they should have made them CC class.

We have been in the Concierge Class twice now. I agree with you and have enjoyed the CC. However,I can forego the amenities of the CC for a larger cabin and an aft balcony.:D

Enjoy your cruise!:)

Archived