Royal Hounds 2005 Caribbean Princess 9/17/2005 ~ Join Us!!! Official Cc Group Cruise

PammyHound

[color=#9932cc]Dana, RCCL and Celebrity ships seem to have the longest port times in Alaska. Summit is doing a 14 day cruise in 2004 and 2005 that I would love to do if they have it in 2006! [/color]__________________

trish....i just ordered some brochures so i'll keep you posted as to the summit. i have gotten a few in the mail, but i haven't had a minute to sit down and look at them at all.

pammy...thanks for the caribe info. i saved the website and i'll call them for directions so i can find the shortest route to the hounds in september!
i'm still looking to make the drive, but now i'm trying to convince the dh the get a room so we can stay over and wave good bye to you when you leave the port! wouldn't that be fun?

ok, off to make those darn donuts again...i wish i could retire...or win a lottery!!!

see all you hounds when i get home! have a great day!

I am looking to do a group cruise for Alaska in 2006. But only for 7 days, Looking to cruise the week before Labor day so people can get their wits about them right after a vacation. Also- A seattle based round trip cruise. I been pricing airfares to Seattle and the Anchorage/ etc and the air to seattle is almost 50% cheaper. I am hoping Princess stayes that route with the Shapphire.
I have to wait til sometime next year for pricing

Not sure that we could do the week before Labor day as school starts the week after and that would be hard. I definately want to do a round trip in/out of the same port though, one way airs are too spendy.

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=2] Hope all the Hounds have a HOWLING great weekend! :D :D

Dana, I've been on the Summit before and it's a beautiful ship!

Hi Cheryl! Thanks for dropping in on the Hounds and telling us of your group cruise to Alaska!
I'm hoping to go to Alaska again in 2006! Dana is thinking of doing a group cruise! I went mid August before and would like to go earlier! High temp was 60. The cruise 2 weeks before, temp was in the 80's! Most of the Princess Alaska cruises I've seen have a port time in Victoria of only 5 hours!(7pm-12am) Not enough time for me! I'm really looking for a ship that has the longest port times!

Pammy, I don't mind different ports if I can fly Southwest! They have one way specials all the time!
I like the 14 day Summit but it's only in May or September. Early and Late season for Alaska.
I've recently read a review that mentioned rough seas from Seattle to San Francisco. I walk with a cane and was tossed around badly on the 12/03 Summit cruise in rough seas! It was a challenge for me to walk! [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

i was thinking about alaska for around sept. of 2006, but if anyone has a better idea, i'll go with that... i also might be too busy if my group for april 2006 takes off. i was told that i had the ok to run with it, and the rates have finally come out...i'm still waiting to hear from laura...

anyway, rick's making dinner, so i'm off...i'll be back later....

Heyyyyyy Guys, ;)

Well - Friday has gone and it's Saturday. I hope the rest of the weekend will be great for all of you. It just puts us closer and closer to the cruise date in September for the Hounds and Mutts aboard "The Mariner."

Judson Patten :cool:
[email]PATJUD@AOL.COM[/email]

[size=4][color=blue]Good Morning Hounds. It is a dreary day today in Florida. Hopefully the sun will come out. Hope everyone has a cruisin weekend.[/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#0000ff][/color][/size]
[size=4][color=#0000ff]Lisa :cool: [/color][/size]

[b][color=blue]Hope all the HOUNDS are having a GREAT weekend! [/color][/b]

[b][color=blue]We were busy with errands and chores today - but everything got done and tomorrow it's time to kickback and relax.[/color][/b]

[b][color=#0000ff]Dana - we might be interested in Alaska for Sept 06 - just wondering about the timing for things like dog sledding, whales, etc guess I have some more research to do before deciding and of course the pricing would be a factor. The group cruise for June 04 pricing scared a lot of people away including us. We just aren't used to the higher prices of summer. [/color][/b]

[b][color=#0000ff]Kathy[/color][/b]

mornin' hounds!!! lovely sunday in south florida!

kathy, the rates for the alaska cruises seems to drop in september, i guess because the weather is less stable. i've been chatting with a woman(at least i think it's a woman) on the alaska boards and she says that sept. is still great weather and you can still see the northern lights in sept. as for the land tours, ie: dog sledding and such, i have a LOT more research to do. i have the celebrity and rci brochures so far and i'm waiting to see what princess has to offer.
i just know that i'd be willing to wear warmer clothing and get the reduced rates in september. also, it would give me enought time after my april cruise to get prepared for another cruise! lol
anyway...lots of research to do.

catch y'all later hounds!~~

[i][color=royalblue]After reading three pages of this thread, I am now all caught up?[/color][/i]
[i][color=darkgreen][/color][/i]
[i][color=#006400]We had a lovely time on our Alaska cruise. The Saphire (sp?) Princess was docked right beside our ship and sail out around 30 minutes before we did. We kept meeting up with her at many of the ports of call. (I was on HAL Amsterdam). There are 4 cruise lines that do round trips to Alaska from Seattle (April-Sept.), HAL, Princess, NCL and Celebrity. It is a nice thing for me to catch a ship at home for a change instead of flying somewhere!! [/color][/i]
[i][color=#006400][/color][/i]
[i][color=#006400]For you who have been thinking of taking an Alaska cruise, here are a few of my thoughts--I have been there in April, May, August and September. April seems to be the wettest and we did need our rain coats at times. August and September are the driest, although it can get a bit cool in September. The scenery up there is beautiful. Early August is the best time to go whale watching--we saw lots of whales on this last cruise. We also saw a pod of dolphins--smaller than the ones in the Caribbean, though. Must be their little brothers and sisters.[/color][/i]
[i][color=#006400][/color][/i]
[i][color=purple]Anyway, I had a wonderful time on my cruise but am happy to be back in the Castle and my Hounds and Mutts!![/color][/i]
[i][color=#800080][/color][/i]
[i][color=#800080]Queen Mumsy aka Marilyn[/color][/i]

thank you for the info marilyn! i am really thinking about september. somehow, i think it might be really neat to be all bundled up on a cruise ship for a change. i just really would so great to see the galciers and mountains! we've been in totally flat boring florida for so long, it's time to see some cooler weather and something bigger than a hill...lol

i've also looked at a lot of other cruisers pictures of their alaska cruises and they're usually in long pants and jackets and sweaters. we very rarely get to wear that stuff around here. being a former new yorker, i miss that.

but enough about alaska....
how're all the hounds today??????????????
marilyn what cruise were you just on????

Archived