Montreal before Masdaam sailing 10/2/04

calteacher

We will be arriving in Montreal two days prior to beginning our cruise. Priceline is currently showing that the Montreal Hyatt Regency is selling for $40-$45 per night. We will need to take a taxi from the airport to the hotel. Is a taxi the best way to get from the hotel to the pier? Has anyone stayed at the Hyatt Regency?

Anyone have specific things of "not to miss" in Montreal?

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure you will need to take a taxi especially if you have more than carry-on luggage to get from the hotel to the pier. Taxis are not real expensive in Montreal and I'm sure the hotel can arrange to have one available for you.

Have a Great next cruise.

;)

Taxis

It is very easy to take a taxi from the hotel to the pier.

Just make certain that you have some Canadian money.

We purchased Canadian Traveler's checks before we left home so that we didn't have to pay an exchange rate.

We stayed in Montreal for 3 days at the end of our cruise in May.

Be certain that you see Old Montreal. It was within walking distance of our hotel- Sheraton. We also went over to see the World Expo '67. And we walked for several miles in the underground shopping malls - one just runs into another.

;)

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Montreal a few years ago. The hotel is certainly safe, attractive, well located but I could not personally ever stay there again. Great lounge....

We found the air so very dry in our room that we literally had trouble breathing. We have stayed in dozens and dozens of fine hotels and have never encountered such discomfort.

Many hotel windows in high rises do not open but there was/is something wrong with the air balance in that place.

Just my personal observation.

The next time we went to Montreal we stayed at The Ritz. That was fabulous.....such incredible attention to detail and sfabulous service.

KK....We also stayed there. Our very first trip to Montreal....probably about 10 years ago. The club level was VERY nice. I like the location of The Hyatt and The Ritz a little better. But I would maybe return to the Sheraton. Club Floor.

Archived