Mariner Deck 9, Room 9612

We just booked an upcoming sailing on the Mariner of the Seas Deck 9, room 9612 and I just wanted to make sure we picked a good spot.

Here's a shot of the room's location:

135418692_5b27218f2d.jpg

This will be our 2nd cruise and I'm still not sure what rooms are better than others.

Thanks!

Scott

Scott

We just got off the Mariner Sunday and were in cabin 9618, just 2 doors down from you.......our friends were right next door to your cabin.......you will be slightly on the hump and have a great location near the elevators. No noise from decks below or above........

While ours was a jr. suite, I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Jim

Scott

We just got off the Mariner Sunday and were in cabin 9618, just 2 doors down from you.......our friends were right next door to your cabin.......you will be slightly on the hump and have a great location near the elevators. No noise from decks below or above........

While ours was a jr. suite, I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Jim

Thanks isujim. I really appreciate knowing that we're centrally located and that we shouldn't expect noise from above or below. I was also concerned with balcony obstructions or people being able to look down on us from above. Was hallway traffic and noise a concern for you at all?

I had heard that hump cabins were pretty good and usually sell faster than others. I was really concerned why this cabin remained available as most other balcony rooms were gone. Was their something wrong with it? Why was it still available? It just got me wondering so I thought I'd ask.

How was your cruise? Did you enjoy it? How was the overall condition of the ship?

Thanks again!

s.

Upon further review, I found that a bunch of hump cabins are now available on deck 8 (E1). Should I switch to deck 8 for a hump cabin more closer to the center of the hump? I believe the cabins on deck 8 are 184 sq.ft. as opposed to 206 sq.ft for 9612 (D1) but making the switch to deck 8 would save $60.

Any oppinions?

Thanks,

Scott

Scott

Absolutely no hallway noise or obstructions........your cabin steward would be Stephen and he was a 10 year veteran of RC that was absolutely wonderful...........we sailed Easter week and found no kids on deck 9......mostly they are jr suites, D cabins and grand suites. You are near the concierge club if you are a diamond member, and near the elevator.....and if you take the stairs just 2 floors up the stairs is the entrance to the Windjammer.

While moving to the center of the hump has merits...........I would stay on Deck 9. Very quiet and great service. We have some pictures I will try and get my wife to post later this evening.

Any more questions, glad to help.

Jim

We were in 9610 on Mariner. You do realize that 9612 is a connecting cabin? Many staterooms on Mariner are connecting. The odd thing is that there is a door (locked) in the balcony divider between 9610 and 9612. Other than those things, the location is great, and quiet. :)

We were in 9312 across the boat from you. It was great, no noise that I heard. For $60 I would stay with deck 9 for the extra square feet. Of course we had 3 people in the cabin. We had good viewing from our balcony.

We were in 9614 in Feb. Stephen was our attendent. He was one of the best. If only they were all that good.

It is a great location. We have been in 9618 on the Navigator, 9624 on the Explorer and 9614 on the Mariner. As you can tell, we like the location. No noise at all.

Hi.....I have to agree with everyone that this is a great location on the Mariner. My husband and I had stateroom 9628 on the Mariner in November 2005 and thought it to be the best location! Very quiet...no noise at all from the hallway or above...very convenient to the elevators, stairs, etc. We would not hesitate to book this area of the ship again! Have a wonderful cruise!

Wendy

I was in 9624 April 2nd through 9th, it was a great location, close to the stairs/elevators, down a couple to the promenade, up a couple to the Windjammer, pool, and Ellingtons. I loved it. I'm in an aft cabin on the 7th deck on Navigator in Jan '07, looking forward to the big balcony, but will miss being right at my cabin when I step off the stairs. I think you'll love it.

• 1 month later...

Archived