Luggage Issues

Hi- we are leaving on Saturday for a 10 night cruise. We always try to minimize what we take with us on vacation, but since it is a 10 night cruise I am having a hard time. How much do you take with you when you cruise? What is the minimum that you bring? What is the maximum allowed? We just want to keep it simple. Any comments would be helpful. Thank you:cool:

1/2 as many clothes and twice as much spending money.

That was only half tongue in cheek. lol

When I pack I put everything I think I will need. Then I think back and realize I truly have twice as much as I need and remove 1/2. When I get home, I still have clean clothes.

before packing writing down on a piece of paper what I plan to wear each day. For instance,

Mon daywear:

Mon evening wear:

Also, black pants can be worn more than once, same with skirts, you get the idea. Sometimes there are wonderful laundry bag specials also. It's been awhile since I have cruised on RCI, but last month on HAL they had all you can fit in a bag for $12...what a deal. I took advantage of it, and came home with alot of clean clothes :).

Have a great cruise.

Marie

Use the laundry/dry cleaning service and re-wear items that you can. You don't need to pack a different outfit for every day and every evening. I would probably pack enough for 6 days, not 10. I'm so over the idea that people are watching what I wear, they are far more concerned with themselves.

Eliminate anything extra that you can, such as bungee cords, extension cords, chargers that aren't essential (we charge our phone before leaving and keep it turned off, no need to take that charger!), cups, pens, books, anything that is provided for you by the ship. Only take along your most important creature comforts and leave the "stuff" at home.

Over the years and on every cruise we go on, we try to pare the list down as much as possible. It's easier to pack, repack and haul along, plus it's easier to stay organized.

I'm not a light packer--never mastered the art! We packed 3 suitcases to the limit that the airline would allow (50 lbs each) and had a carry-on as well. We did send a few things to the laundry. I did pack too many shorts, as I stayed in my bathing suit for our 6 sea days. Hubby used all but 1 pair of shorts, since he's not really a pool person! I'd rather have too much than not enough.

You don't need bungee cords and all that extra stuff. I do bring my own hair dryer as the ship's doesn't make my hair look the way I want it to!

I bet you've been on trips before--use your past experiences to guide you!

Archived