Hotels in Miami

Bec

Just booked the intercontinental via priceline for $75 for the night before the trip. Now we have to book something after.

thanks again for your help!

Rebecca

Have you stayed there as yet? I mean the Intercontinental near the port of Miami? I just booked it on Priority Club rewards and liked the way it looked, nice rooms, good area so I went ahead with it. Never stayed there but will stay there on June 17th. The view from the higher floors would be nice (of the port and ocean). If you were already there, let me know how it was, please. Thanks for any help.

I have a question - now that I got my feet wet (so to speak). Went on priceline.com and placed a bid for a 4 star hotel. The offer was rejected. I tried going back in and just changed my bid, but it advised I also need to change one of my choices. Is there any way, that I can type in "Biscayne Bay" as one of the area I would like - hopeing I would still be able to get my 4 star hotel = either Hyatt Regency or Intercontinental?

I also tried rebidding under a different email address - but same credit card and I guess they were smarter than I thought and would not let me do that. So now I have 24 hours to try again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I actually have no idea. I have never stayed there. I am looking for a hotel also in Miami for July. We arrive late (11:30) and really are looking for a CLEAN place to sleep for about $100.

I can recommed the http://www.tripadvisor.com to check out your hotel with reader reviews.

How was the Holiday Inn? Have you tried the Holiday Inn Express>

I have a question - now that I got my feet wet (so to speak). Went on priceline.com and placed a bid for a 4 star hotel. The offer was rejected. I tried going back in and just changed my bid, but it advised I also need to change one of my choices. Is there any way, that I can type in "Biscayne Bay" as one of the area I would like - hopeing I would still be able to get my 4 star hotel = either Hyatt Regency or Intercontinental?

I also tried rebidding under a different email address - but same credit card and I guess they were smarter than I thought and would not let me do that. So now I have 24 hours to try again?

Thank you

penguin, this is why it is so very important to read the websites dedicated to Priceline. You could easily end up spending $100 on a winning hotel in an area you don't want and you have no recourse.

Also, there is no Biscayne Bay area because Biscayne Bay is the ocean. You want to stay on land (I'm assuming) so the area you want is Key Biscayne and there are no four star accommodations there. You can bid for a resort on Key Biscayne.

Keep in mind priceline can upgrade you.

Cindy,

You can bid on priceline 1 time every 24 hours for the same trip. And if you need 2 rooms there is an option for that on one of the screens. There IS a 'free rebidding' process but it's a little confusing and since you can bid every day it's not worth it, in my opinion. From what I've read the Hyatt and Intercontinental are both one step above the Holiday Inn but that there's nothing wrong the Holiday Inn and it's location can't be beat. FWIW, I wouldn't hesitate to take my mom to any of them.

Right now for your date (Dec 9, right?) Hotwire is offering a 4* for $93, most likely the Hyatt, easyclicktravel is offering a 5* (their rating) for $118 which is likely Interconintental. Priceline has given winning bids for both Hyatt and Intercon from $70-$105. I would definitely not bid more than $93 when I could purchase from Hotwire. Also, the best deals are often closer to the date so I would book a cancellable reservation and then keep checking all 3 sites.

Hope this helped!

Coleen :) (We have a cancellable res. for November 24th for the Hyatt and I'm trying PL and checking the others every day!)

Coleen, Thank you so much for all your help. I will definately book us two rooms now and keep trying all three sites, trying to get us a cheaper room - if possible.

Which hotel is the best in your opinion to really hope for? I understand that each hotel offeres different star ratings. Priceline, hotwire and easyclicktravel for example - would all have their own star ratings - so if you see the hotels listed under Priceline - that doesn't mean that easyclicktravel would also have this same hotel listed - say as a 4 star hotel - correct? I'm going to need a thick piece of paper to keep all of them straight - but I love it - the challenge... LOL.

Thanks again Coleen

Cindy,

I've not stayed at either hotel so I can't personally vouch for either one. However, the reviews for the Intercontinental are slightly better on tripadvisor. I've relied on that site before and never been steered wrong. I'm personally hoping that we get Intercon but will be perfectly happy with either.

As for star ratings...each site has it's own way of doing things. I'd use the stars as a general guide but do my research. (For example, on another thread someone is looking for LA hotels. In the Hollywood area there are 3 3* hotels that have been won. One is the Renaissance Hollywood which I have stayed in and is clearly a 4* hotel to me. The others are 2.5, maybe 3* but barely based on reviews.) Be sure that you'd be happy with any of the hotels that you might get, especially on Priceline. The 3 sites we've talked about do not necessarily all have the same hotels.

As far as the hotels at each of the sites...we're only making very educated guesses about the 'secret' hotels for hotwire and easyclick and for Priceline we're going on what others have posted as winning bids. So there are no absolute guarantees. However, I personally have not been surprised but anything I've purchased via Hotwire, I've always gotten the hotel I thought I was getting so the system is fairly easy to figure out if you work at it.

Did that answer your questions?

Coleen :)

We are in the Intercontinental before our June 18th Freedom cruise. We have stayed in the Hyatt just around the corner and found it to be very quiet (not many folks on that weekend I guess...). I have heard good and horrible things about the Holiday Inn. So we decided to try the Intercon. Anyone had any good luck out on Miami beach for a nice place?

• 1 month later...

Thank you

My simple way to get a 4-star(for example) hotel via "free rebidding". Follow these steps:

(1.) PRINT the "Miami Hotel List" from biddingfortravel.com

(2.) To rebid on a bid that was rejected, study the hotel list and ADD one(1) priceline region during your rebid process that DOESN'T have a 4-star hotel in it. Therefore, you get a FREE 4-star rebid without waiting 24hrs.

hint: Raise your bid a few dollars with each rebid attempt. DON'T change/lower your star rating on the rebid, if so, it can get a little confusing as to what you are willing to accept and you can easily make a rebid mistake. Since you are only bidding on a 4-star hotel, for example, by adding a priceline region of the city with no 4-star hotels, you essentially get a free rebid on your desired region which has the 4-star hotel. You can repeat the rebid process as long as there are selectable regions with no 4-star hotels.

I hope this helps.

My simple way to get a 4-star(for example) hotel via "free rebidding". Follow these steps:

(1.) PRINT the "Miami Hotel List" from biddingfortravel.com

(2.) To rebid on a bid that was rejected, study the hotel list and ADD one(1) priceline region during your rebid process that DOESN'T have a 4-star hotel in it. Therefore, you get a FREE 4-star rebid without waiting 24hrs.

hint: Raise your bid a few dollars with each rebid attempt. DON'T change/lower your star rating on the rebid, if so, it can get a little confusing as to what you are willing to accept and you can easily make a rebid mistake. Since you are only bidding on a 4-star hotel, for example, by adding a priceline region of the city with no 4-star hotels, you essentially get a free rebid on your desired region which has the 4-star hotel. You can repeat the rebid process as long as there are selectable regions with no 4-star hotels.

I hope this helps.

I was ondering how the free rebids worked. THANKS YOU SO MUCH!!!! MAN I LOVE THIS BOARD!

Archived