Hotels in Miami

Bec

Need to book a hotel for the night before and after our cruise in June. Looking for a decent place, not too expensive, preferably with a pool. South Beach is fine too. Will be with our 17 year old daughter. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

thanks!

:)

I suggest bidding on Priceline.com for a 4* downtown Miami hotel to be near the port. I have stayed at the 3* Doubletree and it was fine, especially for the price from Priceline of about $50/night. Here is a link to hotels possible when bidding on priceline and the $ of what others are bidding. I would say bidding on a 4* guarantees a good hotel for about half the price. There are 2 four *'s in downtown Miami that uses priceline and have heard good things about both.

http://p070.ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpediabiddingmiamisoflorida.showMessage?topicID=452.topic

Just booked the intercontinental via priceline for $75 for the night before the trip. Now we have to book something after.

thanks again for your help!

Rebecca

We stay at Holiday Inn Port of Miami several times for $135 and did the priceline and stayed at Royal Palm Hotel on South beach for $75 plus parking. Bid for a 3 star or 4 star hotel and you should be OK. :)

We are booked at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami for Sept 2, just before our cruise. How did you get to the port, is there a shuttle, or how much is the taxi? There will be 14 to 16 of us together. By the way, we booked the room on the Holiday Inn website and got the rooms for $119/each, and that is 4 to a room.

How did you get Intercontinental for $75.00....What luck....thats great... I tried up to $100 and no luck....Will try again

It really depends on your dates. Hotel rates in Miami can vary by as much as $400 for the exact same room in the exact same hotel depending upon time of year.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn at the port in Miami in March. I would not stay there again. The room was very dirty and the hotel was way too crowded.

If you do stay there, there are taxis at the side of the hotel to take you to the port.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn at the port in Miami in March. I would not stay there again. The room was very dirty and the hotel was way too crowded.

If you do stay there, there are taxis at the side of the hotel to take you to the port.

What type of room did you stay in? (ex. reg. w/ double bed, suite, etc.)

Wow .. we stayed there 5 days.. pre/post cruise in March and it was not dirty.. our only complaint was noisy neighbours and doors slamming.. Hotels do cater to people travelling what do you consider crowed all rooms booked???? Yes that is usually what hotels are for..:rolleyes: Yes cabs are available out front if not the door guy will hail one for you.. cost is anywhere for 8 to 15 depending on traffic..

What type of room did you stay in? (ex. reg. w/ double bed, suite, etc.)

We stayed in a double room facing the port pre stay.. on the 6th floor and then a king room same floor facing the back which the view sucked it was of the air conditioning units.. ohh plus the ice machine never worked on the 6th floor pre or post.. Both rooms were CLEAN tho..

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami in April pre and post cruise. Pre cruise, no real issues other than had a heck of a time getting them to honor the reservation that had been PAID for in advance. Post cruise, bedding was filthy. I ended up sleeping in my clothes. Oh, and the ice machine on the 6th floor was still not working!

I won't stay there again. Rude personnel working the counter. Did not recognize my priority club membership, etc.

I'll stay at the Hyatt or Wyndham myself. The only thing HI has going for it is location. And that's a toss up. We were pestered by homeless looking for a handout in front of the hotel nearly every day we were there.

As always, your mileage may vary......

We stayed in a regular room with two double beds on the 6th floor. I guess it was so crowded because there were so many parties going on in different rooms. I doubt they were all staying there. We found leftover food under our beds. The whole room was dirty. It is a very rowdy hotel, but so is there area that it is in.

I am just giving you the facts of my one and only stay at that hotel.

Don't know where everyone is employed, but if you happen to work for a larger corporation there maybe corporate discount rates available. I checked with my HR department and they were more than glad to give me the corporate discount code. What a savings...it varies is my understanding from corporation to corporation. I guess the larger the employer with more corporate travel the larger the discount. The only thing required to make a reserveration is the corporate code and Employee ID at time of check in. I am saving over 60% off the lowest rates available. Internet Rate $249, corporate rate $99.00. Worth checking into.:)

• 2 weeks later...
which cruise in sept on what date? and where in dfw are you from????

thanks

i just reread what i wrote, i'm sorry to come on so strong. i'm from the dfw area, bedford to be exact, i am also cruising in sept, the elation on sept. 17.

again

sorry

I'm confused about the hotels near the port ....I had heard that there was one directly across the street from the port? Are there more than one in this direct area? Also if they are right across the street would we be able to simply walk across to the port? Thanks for any help :)

I believe that the port is across a bridge and there are no hotels just across the "street". Most recommend a hotel in Downtown Miami at Bayside to be the Closest to the port; $10 taxi ride. These hotels often won by bid on Priceline are: Intercontinental 4*, Hyatt 4*, Holiday Inn Bayside 3 * and Marriott Marina. I am sure there are others plus lower rated hotels like Courtyard, but these seem to be mentioned as being worth the money and in safe areas, clean etc.

Bon Voyage

if you can find a place in south beach, your daughter will love it - in fact so will you. wonderful beach. i had luck using trip advisor to sort through the hotels. if you can find one stay on ocean drive, between 5th & 14th. Lots of great shops walking distance. no need for a car if you are flying in.

We stayed at the Mutiny in Coconut Grove in April and it was nice. They have a pool as well. Great shopping and restaurants in the Grove area which is right out the back of the hotel. The bay is out the front. We passed the Holiday Inn when we came to the port in our taxi. You have to go over a bridge I believe to get to the ships. I don't think it is walkable with luggage in hand.

I've never bid on priceline or easyclicktravel.com before and was wondering how it really works. I need (2) rooms for (4) adults total for our pre-cruise our of Miami. We need a room for only one night Dec 9th.

If I place a bid of say $75.00 if a hotel comes back and saids "okay" - then they show me what hotel its for? What if we don't like that hotel because of the area etc- do I have to keep it? Or does it give you a choice of a couple different hotels that will take that price, and I can choose from them? If no hotel take my price bid, can I keep trying that same day by raising my bid amount or do I have to wait until the next day? Also can I bid on the two rooms at the same time? Or do I have to wait a day then bid for the second room? What about using a different email address (DH and I say use our own)? I would hate to get a hotel or a hotel in a bad area of Miami (both Mothers are coming with us this year). I was thinking of just asking for a 4 star hotel, but because I've never done this before - I really would like some help before I JUMP.

We've stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami before and found it okay but kind of wanted to try something different this time.

Any and all help anyone can give, would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Happy cruising to all....

I've never bid on priceline or easyclicktravel.com before and was wondering how it really works. I need (2) rooms for (4) adults total for our pre-cruise our of Miami. We need a room for only one night Dec 9th.

If I place a bid of say $75.00 if a hotel comes back and saids "okay" - then they show me what hotel its for? What if we don't like that hotel because of the area etc- do I have to keep it? Or does it give you a choice of a couple different hotels that will take that price, and I can choose from them? If no hotel take my price bid, can I keep trying that same day by raising my bid amount or do I have to wait until the next day? Also can I bid on the two rooms at the same time? Or do I have to wait a day then bid for the second room? What about using a different email address (DH and I say use our own)? I would hate to get a hotel or a hotel in a bad area of Miami (both Mothers are coming with us this year). I was thinking of just asking for a 4 star hotel, but because I've never done this before - I really would like some help before I JUMP.

We've stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami before and found it okay but kind of wanted to try something different this time.

Any and all help anyone can give, would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Happy cruising to all....

penguin, I wish I could give you one easy answer but there isn't one. The very best thing you can do to save time and money is to go to www.BiddingForTravel.com and www.BetterBidding.com and read everything you can especially the FAQ and the how to bid sections.

Basically, once you place a bid and it is accepted, you own the hotel room and there are no refunds. I don't know how easyclicktravel.com works but with priceline and hotwire, you pick the area and the star level so you know ahead of time that you are bidding on a hotel in the area you chose at the star rating you choose.

You will not end up with a 2 star in Dadeland when you bid on a 3 star in Coconut Grove.

Also, study the maps.

Archived