Xpedition Review - A trip of a lifetime!

bunnybear

I haven't seen any discussion on bugs...are there mosquitoes or no-see-ums...perhaps they never made it to the islands...that would be very nice..

thanks again to all of you for your great information

We did not do the post office stop so the only flies we encountered were barfies and they were very friendly.

There were biting flies at a couple of places. For some reason they didn't like me! But other people were really bothered by them big time.

We saw mosquitos only once.

I carried repellant and was happy to share it with others who hadn't thought to bring any.

Bunnybear,

Thanks for a great review. We are on the June 18 trip which we booked in Feb 2005. It all seems very real all of a sudden. Time to start thinking about what to pack. Thanks to this thread we now have a pretty good idea on that. T-shirts, shorts, cargos and bathing suit. And no Tux! Sounds about right to me.

Maztoz,

The fins are the full foot type. We took our own so I can't comment. But it looked like most fit well. One man's came off on the first snorkle. They refitted him with one 2 sizes smaller and he was fine afer that.

• 2 weeks later...

And the Museum of Natural Science had an exhibit of the "Creatures of the Galapagos". There were animals on display from the Darwin Center.

I believe there is a huge interest in this area at this time.

For the sake of packing light, I'm trying not to pack the whole bathroom cabinet. I've seen mixed comments on the shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion provided on the ship. Can anyone advise me of the type or quality of the amenities?

I'm not a fan of the all-in-one, wall mounted dispenser that is good for shampoo, conditioner, bath gel, and I'll leave it at that.

Thanks!

But I used their lotion and it was fine. My husband used their shampoo and he had no complaints. We also used their shampoo to wash out clothes throughout the week. It worked great. I brought a small travel size shampoo and conditioner and it lasted the enitre time. We took showers sometimes three times a day so that is significant. There were cotton balls but no Q-tips.

There is plenty of room in the bathroom to put away all your toiletries with a corner medicine cabinet and a shelf under the sink.

I also brought all my makeup and only ended using the "full thing" maybe once or twice. It's a very casual week. Pack as light as possible and you will be fine.

Archived