Hotel in Fort Lauderdale?

COLGATE

We are planning on cruising on the Volendam Dec. 13 from Ft. Lauderdale, and will have to arrive quite late at night the night before. Can someone suggest a good hotel fairly close to FLL airport with shuttle service from the airport to the hotel? We stayed at The Dania - Sheraton Airport last year but weren't really very happy with the results (very overpriced and not a very good room). Thanks!:)

We stayed at the Renaissance Plantation - our TA made the arrangements and got a better deal than we could have ourselves. HAL had busses that picked us all up - transfers. It worked out great!

Barbara

We are planning on cruising on the Volendam Dec. 13 from Ft. Lauderdale, and will have to arrive quite late at night the night before. Can someone suggest a good hotel fairly close to FLL airport with shuttle service from the airport to the hotel? We stayed at The Dania - Sheraton Airport last year but weren't really very happy with the results (very overpriced and not a very good room). Thanks!:)

The Marriott at the 17th St. Causeway is only minutes away and quite nice inside, as well as the views. I live down here, so I am familiar with it. Also Embassy Suites on 17th St. Causeway also good.

Tons of information about places to stay all over the world on the CC discussion board under pre-post stays. Check it out. Lots on FLL and a person named Bequia and Trent S answer lots of local questions.

Linda

The Marriott at the 17th St. Causeway is only minutes away and quite nice inside, as well as the views. I live down here, so I am familiar with it. Also Embassy Suites on 17th St. Causeway also good.

Have they reopened the tower? In January, the entire tower was closed due to damage from Hurricane Wilma. We were told repairs would be made but would take a long time.

The name of the hotel has been changed and I think it is now The Grand ....something or other like that.

The former Marriott Marina Hotel is now called Ft. Lauderdale Grande Hotel. We've booked it for next winter. Rates are very good for now. I think people don't realize it's still a hotel, but once word gets out, the rates will skyrocket. It's a beautiful hotel, right across the street from Port Everglades. They don't have free shuttle from the airport, but it's only a 10 minute taxi ride. When it was the Marriott, they had free shuttle to the ship, which I think they still have.

The Amerisuites currently is listed on valuetrips.com at 75. night in December. By this time they should be Hyatt Places (see the prototype under google) a very nice upscale room going for 200 and up in 2007. Just a thought.

LHC

That Marriott on 17th is no longer a Marriott, however. Does anyone know what or how it is now?

Do you have any idea where the Marriott in Hollywood is located? HAL is putting us there for a couple of nights prior to our cruise. The TA thought it was the one on 17th, but from what I have read, it's not.

If Amerisuites is going for over $200/night next winter, I would book the Ft. Lauderdale Grande over Amerisuites in a heartbeat. The two aren't even close to be comparable. The Grande is much nicer and most rates are between $229-259 for next winter.

Hi COLGATE........ We are booked on the December 13th cruise as well and I started a roll call a while back. Here is the link:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=270191

Join in if you like. Right now there has not been much activity, but it may get more action later on. Oftentimes ideas about hotels, tours, etc are shared on the roll call and we sort of get to know eachother before boarding.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on SR 84. One of the cleanest places, but not close to anything. Definitely visit the Pre Cruise area. They have great thread on places and restaurants close by.

I agree. This place is a dump. We stayed here last Dec. using Priceline. Fortunately for us, the desk clerk took pity on us since some our luggage did not arrive with us and put us on the Club Floor. The rooms were very nice. Our traveling companions were not as fortunate and they were put in a regular room which was awful, imo. The lobby/bar area is nice but the rooms are NOT. It was tolerable since we got a Priceline deal, but if I would have paid regular rate I would have been very upset. Btw, our luggage arrived on a later flight. Fortunately for us we had flown in the day before the cruise. If we had flown in the day of we would have been out of luck.

Marie

Archived