Looking for information regarding Ft. Lauderdale

cruzegirl

I am looking for hotel information regarding Ft. Lauderdale... I've actually done a cruise there already but did the Princess hotel arrangement which included the transportation... What I'd like to try to find now is a decent hotel that offers the following..

Close to the Port

Shuttle from airport to hotel and/or shuttle from hotel to port everglades

Pool

Restaurant on site or close by

I've looked at Amerisuites but the one I looked didn't have a pool.... Then the Marriott had 2 close by so didn't know which was best.... Any info. would be great......T I A

I have also had the same problem as you so I decided to post what little information I have.

I also wanted a hotel that was clean, had a pool, safe area, close to restaurants and shopping, shuttle (airport/pier). I decided to book the Fort Lauderdale Grand (previously Marriott Grande) and got a really good price (I think) from them directly. Their address is http://www.luxuryresorts.com. Just fill in the info for Fort Lauderdale and it is on 17th Street. Hotel seems nice.

If you do a search you will come up with lots of info on area hotels and you might even want to check out valuetrip.com.

Amerisuites comes up alot and gets mixed reviews.

Good luck with your decision on which hotel to choose as it is not an easy task.

I am looking for hotel information regarding Ft. Lauderdale... I've actually done a cruise there already but did the Princess hotel arrangement which included the transportation... What I'd like to try to find now is a decent hotel that offers the following..

Close to the Port

Shuttle from airport to hotel and/or shuttle from hotel to port everglades

Pool

Restaurant on site or close by

One of these may fit the bill:

SE 17th Street (closest to Port Everglades and FLL)...

Renaissance... http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/FLLBR

Embassy Suites... http://www.embassysuites.com/en/es/...ctyhocn=FLLSOES

Ft Lauderdale Grande….http://www.fortlauderdalegrande.com

AmeriSuites... http://amerisuites.com/reservations....asp?facid=3929

No pool, but decent properties:

Holiday Inn Express... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/fllcc

Extended Stay America... http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/...ter-marina.html

The wife and I are staying at LaQuinta and it has everything you ask for and more and the price is not bad also the add is 2620 n 26th ave it is ib hollywood and five miles from the port at least look it up

I have been researching everyones recommendations and to be honest I am shocked at the price of hotels in Ft Lauderdale. Traveling next March and all of the are pricing out between 250-350 per night. Embassy suites was $280 a night. Are they all trying to recoup there hurrican Wilma losses:confused:

I agree about the prices- I heard on this forum that the Grande had very reasonable prices, much lower than when it was a Marriott - but next March the price is $259.

However maybe that is not bad if the Embassy is $280, from comments here I think it might be a nicer hotel

If you are trying to find accommodations in Fort Lauderdale for the first five days of February, 2007 you will really be shocked by the prices. The Super Bowl game is in Miami and the hotels have rates that are completely ridiculous. One hotel near Port Everglades with the rate of $142.00 per night last January will be charging $525.00 per night with a minimum stay of four nights.

In fact, Princess cruise representative stated the hotels have withdrawn their block of rooms and they cannot make a reservations for their cruise passengers at this time. Where will passsengers who fly in the night before their cruise stay?

I just did a check of hotel prices in San Francisco, for over the 2007 St Patrick's Day weekend. I think that is close to your neck of the woods.

Hilton $217

Renaissance $229

Sheraton on the Wharf $249

Downtown Courtyard $269

San Francisco Marriott $309

Four Seasons $475

St Regis $509

These are not exactly value prices either, so the rates in Ft Laderdale shouldn't be so shocking. "saltydog28", you can not compare Florida rates in September/October(hurricane season), to the rates in February/March(spring break). Yes, hotel rates are higher than they have been. They were higher this year than last, but so are airline rates. There are more people traveling, so the market will go up in price. That said, there are some values out there. We got the Hyatt Pier 66, in Ft Lauderdale, this past February for $105 per night through Priceline. Just be patient, and you may find the same. Unless, of course, you are trying to get a room over "Super Bowl" weekend.

KK

You may be right but I never thought Ft Lauderdale compared price wise with San Fran I thought it was more like Long Beach or San Pedro where you can still get descent hotels pre cruise for around $160

deb

My parents lived in Fort Lauderdale for many years so I am familiar with the area.

Hotels in March can be very expensive - "high" season, spring break and (depending upon the year) Easter. You may want to rent a car to be able to widen your hotel search as well as get around to explore the sights. Driving around the area is easy and the major rental car agencies have, at least in the past, had shuttles to the port. Rental car rates vary by the season so can't tell you what you might pay.:)

We stayed at the pelican beach resort in march of this year..post cruise...we booked it a year out when it had just recently opened. We got a decent rate of $231 per night + tax. When we actually stayed there they were quoting $450 for the same dates. We also found that staff there didn't seem too pleased at the rate we had secured albiet that they had our deposit of $462 in their bank for a year.

So the point to my story is that as this is a peak time in this resort I would make my reservations as far in advance as possible to ensure the best rate.

We enjoyed our stay at the Pelican Beach Resort and felt the rate we paid was fine, but if we had to pay the $450 rate I would have gone elsewhere.Be prepared for some high rates though.

Good luck in your search

We just stayed at the Renaissance pre-cruise last Friday. It has everything that you're looking for. Also, the water taxi is close by and you can take it to Los Olas Boulevard for shopping, dining and nightlife. We booked through the cruise line but I've read on here that you can get it cheaper by using Priceline.com.

I always enjoy staying at the Embassy Suites. The hotel is nice - you can even request a room with a view of Port Everglades so when you wake up in the morning you just look out your window and can see your ship. They do have a pool and free cocktails in the evening and breakfast in the morning. They have a free shuttle bus to the pier which is very easy to use - just tell them the night before when you check in that you will be needing a lift.

They don't have a restaurant but there are lots of options within a very easy walking distance. Everything from fast food to the Outback to a small Mexican that has pretty good food in the strip mall next door, etc. I know their prices have constantly gone up - I started staying there about 10 years ago. I was to stay there again last fall after a cruise but it was the week that Wilma hit so I was closed out of both that hotel and the Westin Diplomat which I was also staying in before the cruise. I ended up in the Wyndham kind of across from the pier and it was fine - nothing great but clean. They have a pool with a bar and snacks available, free transportation to the pier and a restaurant for dinner and breakfast. I got a deal for about $100 there so you might want to try that.

I have been researching everyones recommendations and to be honest I am shocked at the price of hotels in Ft Lauderdale. Traveling next March and all of the are pricing out between 250-350 per night. Embassy suites was $280 a night. Are they all trying to recoup there hurrican Wilma losses:confused:

Those hotels were all heavily insured so there probably aren't any hurricane Wilma losses. I know a few hotels jumped on the low interest FEMA loans and insurance money for upgrades and renovations.

Ft. Lauderdale is very expensive during peak season. Peak is Christmas through the end of April.

I hit the Renaissance on Priceline for June 2-3 today for $100. Now I wish I had bid less. I'm not complaining, though! My original reservation was at the Comfort Inn Stirling Road. I cancelled that immediately after winning the Ren. The reviews for that Comfort Inn are awful! I'm only paying $25 more for the Renaissance.

Archived