AOS balcony question

I am confused about the balcony on a cabin I have booked (Adventure of the Seas, 9320).

The cabin is on the hump, and I have read about the great location and realize this is a desirable cabin. But my question is regarding the balcony. I have seen pictures of balconies partially enclosed in metal with a large oval cutout. Do the cabins on AOS, deck 9 have that type of balcony? Will I get sun on the balcony of this cabin?

Any help will be appreciated.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/473195397/1473258372046799204aANSHA#

Not sure this link will work, but it shows the outside of the ship and the balconies. If it doesn't work, go to webshots.com, do a search for Adventure of the Seas, and go to page 10 or so to see what the balconies look like.

All the balconies are "in the hull", and look like they are cut out of the structure of the ship. You will get SOME sun on them, but not enough for sunbathing (there's not enough room for that anyway).

Iamthesea,

Thank you, this is exactly the information I was looking for. Some of the metal cutouts look larger than others. Is the closeup of hump balconies? We are a D1 in the center of the hump.

It's unusual to get enough sunbathing sun on any balcony. Most of the larger ships have the upper decks overhanging the stateroom decks, which prevents alot of the sun. You may get some early or late in the day, as the sun is lower in the sky, but then, that's not really "tanning" sunlight. Plan to go to the pool deck!

Thank you so much Iamthesea! We are sailing on 8/13 AOS and are booked in 8312 toward the front of the hump..I've been wondering for some time the balcony layout...you've answered it...doesn't really matter - a balcony is a balcony!

We are sailing on 8/13 AOS and are booked in 8312 toward the front of the hump.

Welcome aboard Baabtx...have you checked out the other cruisers in the Roll Call Board (AOS 8/13/2006)? We're sailing 8/13 as well. Wishing you a great time and calm weather. At least we're going south of the hurricane belt.

Archived