Earth-Shatteringly Important Question

Merion_Mom

I don't know if it was available throughout the ship, but it was served in special little take home glasses after our overwhelming dinner at Sabatini's last Friday night on the CB. I swear it's a miracle drink! I could almost eat my dessert after I drank one little glass.

I will be out to buy a bottle this week.

Cheers!

very fancy lemon juice

love your desciption;) I´d go a little further to say it has a good strong kick and does it´s job everytime (after a heavy meal):)

I make my own as I was lucky enough to receive an original Sardinian recipe;)

You bet. In fact, you can even talk your waiters into having a standing order for you after dinner each night. No worries.:)
Uh oh, rob. That very fact may be a source of worry for my cruisemates! ;)

And for those of you who enjoy limoncello for its "medicinal" qualities, Strega is just as or more effective. It all depends on whether you prefer sweet or <ahem> tangy drinks.

The first time we encountered limoncello was on the Golden last fall. You bought the glass and our waiter kept filling up the glass all through dinner. I could only take 2 but I think my tablemates has about 4 or 5 each. I tried adding a bit of sugar but just didn't find it as "refreshing" as the others did.

laura

On the Sapphire last January, my wife decided she wanted to have a matched set of four of those little glasses. She is Tee-totaler, so guess who had to drink them? I thought they would need a wheelbarrow to get me out of there.

Carol - it was readily available in the dining rooms on Sapphire Princess last week. I didn't indulge but will have to try it the next time we have the opportunity. Gotta be better than mojitos.:D

Had Limoncello for the first time on the CB last year. This must be what they call "food of the gods"!!!

Tom O. - please, let me know if your wife needs to add glasses to her collection - I'd be more than happy to take care of any "unwanted" limoncello!!

There was a recipe given for Limoncello in the Washington Post several months ago. If anyone is interested, let me know.

LOL! By the way, did you notice that YOU are "dorky" but I am "earth-shattering"?!?!?!?! :D :D :D

Umm, Carol, I would be nice to Nancy since you have to share a cabin with her and she is the one bringing the limoncello.

Umm, Carol, I would be nice to Nancy since you have to share a cabin with her and she is the one bringing the limoncello.

Well MM's bringing wine. So she only has to be a little nice. ;)

I really feel sorry for our fellow passengers, I really do. I have the feeling we're going to be memorable, but maybe not in a good way.

Of *course* it will be in a good way! Just think of all the stories that they'll have to tell when they get home!!

Wild Women of the Wild Blue Yonder

I think we've just obtained ourselves a nicname.

Archived