Price Drops

How do you check for a price drop? When I go to RCCL web site I check the sailing information but it only says interior, ocean view, balcony etc. We are in 2 PR rooms on NOS is June. What do I do to check the prices?

PR rooms are considered interior rooms, so that is the price you would check. You actually have to go into the reservation section as though you were booking the room and then you can see the prices. We did that and actually upgraded from a promenade room to a balcony and received a credit for $800!

Good luck!

Heather

It doesn't hurt to call your TA and have them call RCCL. They may have a price drop that you don't see. It only takes a minute and it can have big payoffs. Also say you think the price dropped but DON'T say how much. Maybe it will be more than you think. It happened to me.

As kind of mentioned in the first response... even if your category is currently sold out (N/A) ... if the categories above yours have had a price drop, it may be worth your while to "upgrade" for the price difference. Food for thought!

A~

BopRN: To be honest, I'm not sure. It just seems that every special under that website, whether the official Happy Hour Tuesday or not, is treated as for new bookings only. However, I'm not entirely certain. That's just the way it's been reported. Maybe it's that sneaky fine-print "certain restrictions apply" clause. It would be great if there were some that weren't new bookings only.

beachchick

Happy Hour is for new bookings but resident and senior rates are not. Many times with Happy hour if you check there could also be a senior rate or resident rate. When I see that list every wednesday I check the other possible discounts. Saved 400.00 doing that same thing last month.

Couldn't you cancel and then rebook if you found one of these specials?? Just wondering....I have never seen either of these two sites showing the discounts...Great info!! I am amazed, but I learn something new every day on these boards...

Thanks,

BopRN: Remember though that those prices are Happy Hour Specials and are for new bookings only, so a price drop wouldn't be applied to an existing booking.

beachchick

Promowave specials and happy hr specials are not the same as far as new bookings are concerned. Promowaves are not for new bookings only.

Archived