Princess Insurance - Berkley Care

mtaylor04

As I posted previously my husband had a stroke and later passed away while my college age girls and I were on a Princess cruise.

I filed the insurance paperwork with Berkley Care (Princess Insurance) three weeks ago. Today I have checks in hand for the reimbursement of our unused portion of the cruise, and reimburesement for the cost of airfare to return home early.

I have never had an insurance company respond so quickly. :eek:

Mary

Mary - so sorry for your loss. I hope you and your girls are doing ok.

I am glad the insurance process was easy enough because I am sure you are dealing with so many other things. Thank you for letting us know about the prompt payment of the claim.

I am sorry for your pain. How awful. Nice that you had no issue with the insurance though.

The only time I had a client cancel for health reasons they were equally reliable and easy to deal with. I was worried as it was a pre-existing condition.

Fours stars for them.

My best to you and your daughters

Oh Mary, how terrible for you and your family. My prayers and thoughts are with you. Nice to know that the claim process went so smoothly during such a stressful time. I had to put in a claim when my mom became ill and Berkley Care was extremely responsive. I would not take a cruise without them.

I am so sorry for your loss......my heart goes out to you and your family.

I appreciate your post about the response from Princess Insurance.

My husband had a heart attack on the Diamond and we disembarked and he was admitted to Auckland Hospital for care. We have been waiting at the hotel (after Angiogram and treatment) for the 'Fit To Fly' clearance - and today we are flying home!

I'm relieved that we had taken out Princess Gold insurance and I hope that the majority of our expenses will be covered.

We had been onboard only 8 days of a 28 day cruise.......I have been at the hotel since April 22 and my husband joined me at the hotel (after discharge from the hospital on April 27) so you can imagine all the expense.

I have had to pay everything 'Up Front' (including a $4,500 charge to Princess for 2 nights in the infirmary - which they charged TWICE and those 2 Princess charges are now pending on my credit card, restrictng the creditline available on that card, and I will have to straighten that out when I get home!) My 'Up Front" charges are now in excess of $30,000.

(I did not have to pay for the tickets to fly home.)

Everyone should be aware and have a hefty credit line on your credit cards when you travel and carry more than 1 credit card.

I will be happy to follow up on our experience for the further knowledge of this message board.

Renee (aka GotToCruise)

Renee glad to hear that Lyman is alright and you are flying home.

Our thoughts are with you both...safe travels home today!

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Whew Tony! You are one fast guy!

Your post came while I was 'editing' .

Thank you so much for your good wishes :)

I feel as if I know you through Arlene and hope we can meet one day!

Regards, Renee

..That's me..speedy gonzalez on the keyboard!...soon enough we will be cruising together....wish you would reconsider the Royal 48 day next November and join us all.:rolleyes:

Take Care

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

I have had to pay everything 'Up Front' (including a $4,500 charge to Princess for 2 nights in the infirmary - which they charged TWICE and those 2 Princess charges are now pending on my credit card, restrictng the creditline available on that card, and I will have to straighten that out when I get home!) My 'Up Front" charges are now in excess of $30,000.
On a positive note, just think of the Frequent Flyer miles you've earned! :)

Glad to hear Lyman is okay. Have a safe trip home!

Archived