Back from Mercury April 28th sailing

stinsowm

Hello everyone,

Anyone who is sailing on the Mercury in the near future--never fear as she is in great condition. I even saw them replacing carpet.It was one of our best cruises ever. Mom and I met up with so many wonderful cruise critics. Never sailed with better people. The food is amazing. Delia, the captains club hostess is such a sweet girl and we got to eat at the captains table. I am tired and a bit depressed now, but promise to post a full review soon. I am missing the great food and my new friends made already. Lois and other cruise critics sailing on this ship soon--you are going to have an amazing time.

Walter

Hello everyone,

Anyone who is sailing on the Mercury in the near future--never fear as she is in great condition. I even saw them replacing carpet.It was one of our best cruises ever. Mom and I met up with so many wonderful cruise critics. Never sailed with better people. The food is amazing. Delia, the captains club hostess is such a sweet girl and we got to eat at the captains table. I am tired and a bit depressed now, but promise to post a full review soon. I am missing the great food and my new friends made already. Lois and other cruise critics sailing on this ship soon--you are going to have an amazing time.

Walter

Hi Walter !

I am glad you had a great time on Mercury. Thanks for letting us know.

Hello everyone,

Walter

I totally agree!:) I miss you and Iola, it was so great meeting and getting to spend time with you! Delia was wonderful as was Natalie, the future cruise consultant who was very nice even though we monopolized quite a bit of her time. We did book 3 more cruises though so I guess it was worth it to her.

In addition to the carpets being changed I also noticed they were putting in new mattresses and bedding in some of the cabins. I thought the ship looked great!

Terri

We did book 3 more cruises though so I guess it was worth it to her.

Terri

Glad you had a great time on Mercury. What other cruises did you book?:confused:

Glad you had a great time on Mercury. What other cruises did you book?:confused:

Hi Ed! We definitely had a great time! I booked an Alaska cruise for next May, a Med cruise next October and a Zenith cruise in April 2008 that I don't have a clue where it goes! I just booked the last one to have something I can change when I decide what I want and still get the onboard credit.

Terri

What a wonderful cruise. Everything went pretty smoothly.

Last year we did a 7 day cruise in the Caribbean on Princess and we loved it. Planning our next cruise my wife was set and sold only to go on Princess again. We got a great deal on the Mercury and the reviews were good. The Mercury was 6 years older than the Golden Princess. Nine years ago I am sure the Mercury was the cutest girl on the block also.

Here are a few quick points:

8th deck room 8231

The bad:

-Box springs hurt and I did not sleep will in my twin bed next to my wife's bed and it hurt me. Partially my fault, waited till the 4th night to ask for a mattress. The love seat next to the window was kind of worn.

-We did had an Ocean view on the 8th deck near the back of the ship (aft) and we did hear the rudders/engines early in the morning. Amazing docking back into San Diego at 3:00 a.m. we did not hear anything.

- They need to wash windows more on the ship. Had dirty window pics outside our room and the Navigator room at the front of the ship which was a good location for video/photos.

The Good-

- Food/Service was outstanding. As good or as better as Princess.

- Entertainment was much better than Princess. All the music Production shows were better than Princess. The Ventriloquist, Patrick Murray was the best entertainer I've ever seen in five cruises. I talked with him after the show and he said he was just called as a sub the day before for someone else.

- All the crew were very friendly. We were a finalist in the couples 50-60's sock hop. The music and trivia games were fun.

- It cost $7-8 to make a call from your cabin but the concierge David made calls for us from port to book and outside ATV tour in Cabo which was not a ship excursion.

- The first night we had several things on the bed still and went to the early seating for dinner. We we got back in our cabin, our steward Yolanda, had put everything neatly away and turn down the bed of course with chocolates on the pillows, and somehow got a how of my wife's sexy negligee and folded it up into a sexy figure and laid in on the bed in a sexy way. Kind of nice since we are still almost newlywed's (1 1/2 yrs.).

Summary-

Like one comedian said- "Some people will travel 1,000 thousand miles just to find one thing to B*tch and complain about". My wife and I are people and do not expect all things to be perfect. I mention those "bad" things just because I thought they were and thought Celebrity was a step up from Princess. The ship is in good shape for 9 years old and overall it was better than we expected even. It was truly an outstanding cruise overall. I think a lot has to do with how old the ships are as compared also to cruise lines. The newer Golden Princess had amazing murals of artwork in the formal dining area. We had free style anytime dining on Princess which was great. We were not sure about the Formal seating at first. But we ended up loving it. We met a lot of people I am sure we will stay in contact with.

What a wonderful cruise. Everything went pretty smoothly.

Last year we did a 7 day cruise in the Caribbean on Princess and we loved it. Planning our next cruise my wife was set and sold only to go on Princess again. We got a great deal on the Mercury and the reviews were good. The Mercury was 6 years older than the Golden Princess. Nine years ago I am sure the Mercury was the cutest girl on the block also.

Here are a few quick points:

8th deck room 8231

The bad:

-Box springs hurt and I did not sleep will in my twin bed next to my wife's bed and it hurt me. Partially my fault, waited till the 4th night to ask for a mattress. The love seat next to the window was kind of worn.

-We did had an Ocean view on the 8th deck near the back of the ship (aft) and we did hear the rudders/engines early in the morning. Amazing docking back into San Diego at 3:00 a.m. we did not hear anything.

- They need to wash windows more on the ship. Had dirty window pics outside our room and the Navigator room at the front of the ship which was a good location for video/photos.

The Good-

- Food/Service was outstanding. As good or as better as Princess.

- Entertainment was much better than Princess. All the music Production shows were better than Princess. The Ventriloquist, Patrick Murray was the best entertainer I've ever seen in five cruises. I talked with him after the show and he said he was just called as a sub the day before for someone else.

- All the crew were very friendly. We were a finalist in the couples 50-60's sock hop. The music and trivia games were fun.

- It cost $7-8 to make a call from your cabin but the concierge David made calls for us from port to book and outside ATV tour in Cabo which was not a ship excursion.

- The first night we had several things on the bed still and went to the early seating for dinner. We we got back in our cabin, our steward Yolanda, had put everything neatly away and turn down the bed of course with chocolates on the pillows, and somehow got a how of my wife's sexy negligee and folded it up into a sexy figure and laid in on the bed in a sexy way. Kind of nice since we are still almost newlywed's (1 1/2 yrs.).

Summary-

Like one comedian said- "Some people will travel 1,000 thousand miles just to find one thing to B*tch and complain about". My wife and I are people and do not expect all things to be perfect. I mention those "bad" things just because I thought they were and thought Celebrity was a step up from Princess. The ship is in good shape for 9 years old and overall it was better than we expected even. It was truly an outstanding cruise overall. I think a lot has to do with how old the ships are as compared also to cruise lines. The newer Golden Princess had amazing murals of artwork in the formal dining area. We had free style anytime dining on Princess which was great. We were not sure about the Formal seating at first. But we ended up loving it. We met a lot of people I am sure we will stay in contact with.

The highlight of my cruise was last Sunday and winning the Table Tennis Tournament. I won a TShirt and a nice hand Bag for my wife. Most important is that I beat the guy in the finals that beat me in the tournament the day before. I guess you can say I am very competitive.

eat me in table tennis the day

I talked with the assistant Mater Di Richard. He said Celebrity is not sure what they will do with the Mercury after the Alaska routes this summer. He said the ship is 9 years old and heard they might sell it. He said that is just the competition in the industry.

The highlight of my cruise was last Sunday and winning the Table Tennis Tournament. I won a T Shirt and a nice hand Bag for my wife. Most important is that I beat the guy in the finals that beat me in the tournament the day before. I guess you can say I am very competitive.

I am so glad that Mercury is getting such positive reviews. We were on the April 17th sailing and found things much the same as the April 28th cruisers.

Dale&Joan...We were in Cabin 8197 and also had Yolanda as our Cabin Stewardess, she was wonderful. Glad to hear you had a good cruise. My wife was on the winning "Battle of the Sexes" Trivia game and won a good quality Celebrity pen. I guess it was a win win situation even if I was on the losing side.

I talked with the assistant Mater Di Richard. He said Celebrity is not sure what they will do with the Mercury after the Alaska routes this summer. He said the ship is 9 years old and heard they might sell it. He said that is just the competition in the industry.

The highlight of my cruise was last Sunday and winning the Table Tennis Tournament. I won a T Shirt and a nice hand Bag for my wife. Most important is that I beat the guy in the finals that beat me in the tournament the day before. I guess you can say I am very competitive.

I have to say this makes me very nervous. We just booked Mercury for Alaska June 2007. I hope that they won't be selling her prior to that!!!

Hi Dale,:) did Richard happen to be from Poland? (Do you recall)?

Yes he is from Poland. About 5'8 very short straight hair. I did talk him into giving me recipe of the best appetizer we ever had-- Fish Crumble. It was not in the five cookbooks they were selling. It is somewhere around here with all the suitcases and stuff we collected.

I am so glad that Mercury is getting such positive reviews. We were on the April 17th sailing and found things much the same as the April 28th cruisers.

Dale&Joan...We were in Cabin 8197 and also had Yolanda as our Cabin Stewardess, she was wonderful. Glad to hear you had a good cruise. My wife was on the winning "Battle of the Sexes" Trivia game and won a good quality Celebrity pen. I guess it was a win win situation even if I was on the losing side.

I played that Trivia game twice. The women were incredible coming up with a few of those answers. That is one thing I do enjoy is playing games on at sea days. If is hard when you are back home to get the right people and the time to do that.

Yes he is from Poland. About 5'8 very short straight hair. I did talk him into giving me recipe of the best appetizer we ever had-- Fish Crumble. It was not in the five cookbooks they were selling. It is somewhere around here with all the suitcases and stuff we collected.

Thanks Dale and Joan..not sure who is posting;)

I bet he is the same Maitr'd I had on Century last year!!!!

That would be terrific:D Do you know if he was the one

who handled the seating requests?

Archived