OUt of EWR???

sunlover5

We just found out that our flight went from non-stop to SJ now with a layover in EWR. We have 51 minutes. Just curious if this will be a long enough layover?? Also, flying in Feb. so now concerned about their weather!!?? Thanks!

If it's just a layover, you do not have to get off the plane. They will let-off/take-on passengers, and you continue on your way to SJU.

If you are making a connection and have to board an entirely different flight, this should give you enough time - provided the second plane is at the same terminal, and your first flight lands reasonably on time . . . the latter being the kicker.

We just found out that our flight went from non-stop to SJ now with a layover in EWR. We have 51 minutes. Just curious if this will be a long enough layover?? Also, flying in Feb. so now concerned about their weather!!?? Thanks!

You will need to post which airline and what flights so we can advise. Are you flying in a day early, in case of weather delays?

Also, your flight may change 2-3 more times before February. Be alert for changes and make sure you sign up with the airline for notifications either via cell or email.

We are flying Continental and we are flying in 3 days before our cruise to tour SJ and relax!! We fly from CLE 6:40 a.m. and arrive at 8:09 and leave EWR at 9 a.m. SHould be in the same terminal I would hope since both are on Continental and not commuter jets. Thanks for any input. Yes, I am sure we have to change planes. Thanks for the info--also tried to sign up for the email from Cont. and couldn't figure it out from their website???:confused:

Hey Sunlover

My Continental flight for Dec. from Buf to San Juan changed too.

I was all signed up with Continental for e-mail notices if there are any changes but I didn't get any notification:mad: . I found out all by myself after reading of so many flights changing on here, I decided to check mine and voila, it was changed. It makes me angry that I even went so far as to sign up to be notified and they didn't bother to notify me.

There really should be a better system to let people know about flight changes.

Doodlefan

I agree! The only airline I have ever gotten notification from has been US air. If I book through Travelocity they are good about notifying you, but I booked direct with Continental. Guess I'll keep checking!! Have a nice time on your cruise doodlefan!!! Are you going on the Destiny, or RCCL????? We are going on the Destiny in Feb.

Hi there

I'm actually going on Princess' new Crown. It has it's first cruise in June. I've never sailed Princess so we're looking forward to a different line on a new ship.

I have sailed Carnival and RCCL and honestly loved both. Guess I'm easy to please.

I'm looking very much forward to the nice Southern itinerary.

Doodlefan

I believe that at EWR you have to exit and reenter security when changing terminals. And Continental is definitely in more than one terminal there. That being said I make connections tighter than yours all the time.

I believe that at EWR you have to exit and reenter security when changing terminals. And Continental is definitely in more than one terminal there. That being said I make connections tighter than yours all the time.

Here is a LINK to the CO website's map of EWR. According to CO, the CO gates in Terminal A only serve flights to ATL, BOS, ORD/MDW, DFW and IAD/DCA. So your flight from CLE should arrive into Terminal C and your flight to SJU should leave from the same. Within Terminal C, all gates are connected airside, so no security re-screening. Of course, ALL things are subject to change, so be sure to double-check near the day of departure.

Archived