Keno sandals

trouble48746

I'll be picking up a few pairs in July!! I bought my first pair 3 years ago, and they are worn out!!! They are my favorites. It's like walking barefoot, they're so comfortable, and they look so great.

They do take a couple of days to "break in." They are very flat...no arch of any kind, so they feel kinda hard at first, but within a day or two, I didn't know how I ever went through a summer without them!

I also have to pick up some for friends. I'll be bringing a tote just to take home Key West purchases!

Take Care, All!

Jaime

I see they are cheap, but other than being utterly comfortable (if they are), what's the draw? The pics on the website don't show anything I'd be interested in buying if I hadn't read here...

I see they are cheap, but other than being utterly comfortable (if they are), what's the draw? ...

The are handmade leather shoes. Where else can you buy handmade leather shoes for under $10?

They have very cute styles.

The are handmade leather shoes. Where else can you buy handmade leather shoes for under $10?

They have very cute styles.

You're right...was just curious, as the website didn't look all that promising...:)

Went to Kino's myself this past Sunday. Bought 2 pairs of shoes & a purse -- all for $ 47.31--all leather (except the soles). Purse was made of very soft leather & fully lined. It was an organizer type I have been looking for in a light to med. brown. Yummy!!! They do have extra sandal styles in the showroom - you can try them on. And call my silly but I think the prices were lower than the website. I paid $ 9 and $ 10 for the ones I got. Purse was $ 25 for soft leather-fully lined. My shopper buddy got 2 pairs. She ended up wearing 1 almost all of the time on the ship. Pretty burgundy color.

I am glad you said about the breakin. I bought them not so much to do laps around the block like my easy spirits but because they were the cutest sandals I have seen & feel like you have nothing on. Got a brown pair and a blue pair -- did not see the blue ones on the website that I can recall. They also had brown, black, red,etc. and green sandals.

There was a couple there with their daughters having a great time. Purchased them in the past and said they were back for more.

Right now Kino's is celebrating their 40th anniversary so they has a special edition sandal & purse. Also saw the cutest backpack bag there but didn't ask about the price.

The factory is located on Greene Street & Fitzpatrick. Very small cross street & most likely not on any guaranteed shopping map. You can easily miss it cause it is in the back of a little shopping area. Mall is called Kino's also. Smell for leather and you will find it. It is not a fancy place.

All I want to say is --THANK YOU TO WHOEVER POSTED EARLIER about Kino's!!!!

When I was in my teens and early 20s I used to buy kinos for $4 a pair. I'd wear them daily and they'd last for a few years until I'd wear them through right under the right big toe. That was late 70s - the 80s. So, they've gone up in price I see.

Now I pay too much for birkenstocks and wear them out the same way - under the right big toe - only they last a bit longer than kinos. For $100+ I'd hope so.

I think I'll have to get a pair of kinos in August, for old time's sake. :) $10? That's still a deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Do they only sell from their factory or can you buy them at other places in Key West? How close to the port are they? Will be there in two weeks and would like to buy a couple pair.

Just at the factory and it is on the little street directly across from the ticket booth for the Conch Tour Train. Just walk up the the ticket booth and turn around and you will be facing Fitzpatrick Street. You won't have to walk more than 200 feet.

Have a great visit!

Mike:)

We are headed back to Key West in 19 days!! We sail on Majesty!! Can't wait....I plan on buying for friends and family this trip too...

Everyone wants a pair! Co-workers are giving me money.

Very comfy and the ones that go between the toes are so comfy you fill like you have nothing there. It is like a really soft type of rope???

Can't wait!!

• 2 weeks later...

I see on the website that you can only get whole sizes, but does anyone happen to know if you can get wide widths or if any of the styles are particularly well suited to wide feet? I will contact the factory, but I thought someone here might know faster.

Guineverekay

There didn't seem to be any wide foot options (other than some of the styles being adjustable). FYI mens sizes run small so every male in my group got a size larger and they fit fine. I have a perfect size 6 and my 6's are great.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I'll just have to spend some time trying on multiple pairs...shouldn't be too much of a hardship.

Guineverekay

Guineverekay -- you really should try them on. I have a high arch/instep so some styles didn't fit right, but they had a lot of styles --just keep trying on. And the colors - great!!!

have fun & everyone who goes - let us know what you see -- many thanks - C

I don't know what it is about Kino's sandals (only tried the thong type), but my girls and I love them. It's hard to explain, but they are so comfortable. We wear them almost every day and are anxiously awaiting our chance to buy more on our upcoming cruise.

Archived