Connie - aft cabins?

chrismch

Just booked an aft cabin on Connie on the Panoramic deck. We've never done one of those before but liked the idea of the larger balcony. Questions: Is the balcony private or can it be viewed from the above stateroom? Is there more "motion of the ocean" with that room? It's also the first time we're booking concierge instead of 2C - is this a good upgrade? Thanks for any input you have! :p

The Aft balcoines are much larger compared to the standard ones.

You can see a bit of the veranda from above.

You will get motion if there are waves about.

I liked the consier room when we had it - they have great service and Hors'drvs every night. You can ask for more if there are people with you on the balcony.

Also remember the Sushi bar is 2 decks up. So you can get some things there and bring them down to the cabin.

There - I do not know if this is true still - a singer from 6 to 10pm each night on the back of the ship.

You can lock your sliding door open and listen to the music.

We just returned from a cruise on Summit roundtrip to Hawaii

This particular cruise had seas up to about 20 feet.

We stayed in an aft cabin.

I paid very close attention to the motion of the ship, since this has been a frequent discussion on this board.

On deck 8, there was almost no motion difference from aft to the midship elevators near the library.

As soon as we got past the library the motion increased. This was consistently true during our whole cruise with 8 days at sea.

We absolutely loved aft and are thrilled to have another aft cabin on our next cruise.

Astrid

We have had Aft Cabins #7206 and #7208 on previous cruises. One was a R/T Hawaii, and just returned from a Transatlantic to Dover. These cabins are wonderful...but do be aware that there is significant motion if the seas are active. On our TA we had 30-35 ft. swells...you just ride it out.

We are doing the R/T Hawaii again in Oct. and again have an Aft cabin. Can't wait....

Karyn

We had AFT 7199 on Connie in March. Yes you can see the balony from other cabins. Part of our AFT cabin is covered and private, the rest of it was exposed and you can see it from different levels.

I would absolutely do an AFT again and It's private enough for me.

There is no more motion and with the turbine gas engines there isn't any vibration like a diesel. If you got AFT be thankful, they're hard to come by and they're the best.

Enjoy your cruise.

Charlie

We were in 8170 on the Constellation this past January and had a very nice cocktail party for our tablemates on the balcony.

It really does spoil you and if you have one, I would certainly keep it.

No real problem with motion.

We just returned from a cruise on Summit roundtrip to Hawaii

This particular cruise had seas up to about 20 feet.

We stayed in an aft cabin.

I paid very close attention to the motion of the ship, since this has been a frequent discussion on this board.

On deck 8, there was almost no motion difference from aft to the midship elevators near the library.

As soon as we got past the library the motion increased. This was consistently true during our whole cruise with 8 days at sea.

We absolutely loved aft and are thrilled to have another aft cabin on our next cruise.

Astrid

So, from what I understand, is there is MORE motion as you get closer to the front of the ship! :confused: Here I always thought that there was more motion in the back. It is amazing how much you can learn from these boards. Thanks.....

So, from what I understand, is there is MORE motion as you get closer to the front of the ship! :confused: Here I always thought that there was more motion in the back. It is amazing how much you can learn from these boards. Thanks.....

Yes, I found this interesting myself. I had never expected that the motion increase started as soon as we got forward of the midship elevators.

Keep in mind though, I only checked deck 8 on a regular basis.

This was on Summit, which should apply to all class "M" ships.

Also we were going full speed on all of those 8 days. I am sure with reduced speed the aft motion will be worse.

Astrid

I did felt that there was more motion and vibration on our 8th floor aft cabin on the Summit (also a Hawaii cruise) than we've experienced in similar seas in either cabins that were mid ship (9th floor near mid-ship elevators) or a little forward (8th floor about half way between mid-ship and forward elevators). This did bother us a little when sleeping some nights.

However, it wasn't too bad and we wouldn't hesitate to get aft rooms again. The benefits of the aft rooms is more than a trade off for the minor motion and vibration differences. We have two cruises scheduled - one in an aft - one in a room near the aft and are looking forward to these rooms.

Given a 'standard" type room of any class, I'd generally prefer mid-ship over aft if given a choice, but I'd easily accept towards the aft if that was all that was available.

We were just on Constellation aft 7203. The motion is not bad. One night the seas were rough and we did feel the ship moving but I am sure so did everyone else on the ship. The balcony is private. The balcony is about 10 ft by 20 ft. 2/3 of it is covered leaving a few feet without covering. If you stand at the rail someone above can see you. We just said hello to the people above us and we became good friends Just don't stand there undressed and you will be fine. We felt that going with a CC room is well worth it. The perks were wonderful. I am sure you will not regret this cabin. Pat

We were in 8170 on the Constellation this past January and had a very nice cocktail party for our tablemates on the balcony.

It really does spoil you and if you have one, I would certainly keep it.

No real problem with motion.

Ed. Did you tell them you gave yourself a shot to control the motion on the Aft.

Your wife emailed me about that out of control dancing on the balcony. ;)

Yes, I found this interesting myself. I had never expected that the motion increase started as soon as we got forward of the midship elevators.

Keep in mind though, I only checked deck 8 on a regular basis.

This was on Summit, which should apply to all class "M" ships.

Also we were going full speed on all of those 8 days. I am sure with reduced speed the aft motion will be worse.

Astrid

Yes the more forward you go....

The heavier part of the ship in the back third. So the ship sits down lower there .

Archived