Mariner Formal Nights

Yipee!! Got our docs on Monday (5/8) for June 11 Mariner Eastern itinerary cruise!! Guess I really need to start the diet now!

Anyway, it did not have the formal nights identified. I think I have read on this board that they should be Monday and Friday. Is that correct?

Thanks!

Just returned from the same itinerary 3 weeks ago and yes........Monday and Friday are the formal nights.

Hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did. Will be happy to try and answer any other questions.

Jim

Sorry, been out of touch. Thanks for your reply. As for the other nights in the dining room - would nice shirt and pants with sandals (not flip flops) be okay for my husband or would he need his closed toe shoes? I have read some are casual and some (one) is 'smart' casual. Any info?

Thanks!

Lee Ann

Lee Ann, I'll be on the Mariner with you! Are you getting as excited as I am?

For formal nights, we'll be dressing like we would at a nice wedding. I didn't buy a long gown because is our first cruise, so I basically bought things I know we'd wear again sometime. I was going to pack 2 suits for my husband, but I've had several friends who are into cruising tell me to just pack one suit and 2 shirts and different ties, so that's what I'll be doing. We'll be sitting at dinner with my parents, and my dad will have his tux on, but they're big time cruisers; 4-5 a year.

As far as smart casual goes, I've heard it's pretty much casual or formal, but our casual could probably pass for smart casual anyway, so I'm not going to sweat it.

Oh, and to answer your question, I'm sure your husband would be fine in what you described!

Sorry, been out of touch. Thanks for your reply. As for the other nights in the dining room - would nice shirt and pants with sandals (not flip flops) be okay for my husband or would he need his closed toe shoes? I have read some are casual and some (one) is 'smart' casual. Any info?

Absolutely fine - this will be how most men are dressed on non-formal nights.

As jules said, there really isn't a distinction between casual and smart casual.

Don't worry too much about having the right clothes. As long as you don't wear jeans, shorts, sneakers, or T-Shirts (the kind with writing/advertising on them), you'll fit right in on all non-formal nights.

For the formal nights, my husband does as jules said - one dark suit, one white shirt, two different ties. I usually wear a simple black or other dark colored dress. My mom usually wears a slinky black pants suit. Nothing extremely formal like a tux or gown. While some stay dressed formally all night, others change back into shorts or other comfy clothes right after eating.

Yipee!! Got our docs on Monday (5/8) for June 11 Mariner Eastern itinerary cruise!! Guess I really need to start the diet now!

Anyway, it did not have the formal nights identified. I think I have read on this board that they should be Monday and Friday. Is that correct?

Thanks!

Wow a pre-cruise diet what a nice concept. Actually I should have done that before my cruise in April when I went to put my suit on before the cruise it was snug and if I buttoned it it was next to tight. I have since finished my work out room with Bowflex ab-lounge and life cycle in it so next year I will not have the same problem (until I finish the cruise that is) it was my experience that the formal nights on 7 day cruises are usually Monday and Friday on Eastern Caribbean trips and that is what my next on is in March 18th 2007 on Mariner of the Seas Anyway good luck with the diet and enjoy the cruise.

Yes, Jules815, I am getting very excited!! Maybe we'll run into each other on board. I have not signed up for Meet & Mingle but may do so soon.

Thanks to everyone for the great info! We have previously cruised on the Carnival Sensation and Pride. My husband does as you have mentioned, same suit w/different shirt and tie. I have some formal length dresses from previous functions and plan to take a couple of them and use sundresses or skirts the other evenings. Nice to know my husbands toes should not be too offensive on the less formal nights:) .

We may go to Chops one evening. My sister and her husband will be celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary while on board.

Thanks again for everything!!!!

Lee Ann

Archived