Paradise Island Nassau...Excursion or on your own

Criscomia

One of our stops will be Nassau and we were thinking about going to Paradise Island and look around. Am I better going on the Excursion the cruise line offers or on my own? Is there any cost on your own besides the tax ride? Any information would really be helpful. Thank you.

I'd say definately do it on your own. There's really not much else to see or do in Nassau, IMO, and you've made a good choice. I'd hop a cab from the pier to Atlantis (if I ever go back, that's what I plan on doing). From what I hear, there is a lot to see and do free of charge, but you can pay $20-something a piece and go through ALL of the aquariums, "digs", as well. And I think the beach is feree of cahrge as well. My best advice would be to hop over to the Bahamas board in the "Ports of Call" section of the boards and start reading. There is PLENTY of information there.

The Zoo is great there... Wonderful animals and plant life and a Flamingo show. Also they have the best Senor Frogs!! If you can find him (he was pretty old and it was 4 years ago) the best ride across the water from Nassau to Paradise Island is a older gentlmen in his small boat... he has a worn sailor outfit on... I am not going to Nassau this year but love it there..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived