Chicago to San Juan

missme2

Holy Sh*t!! I can't believe the price of airfare. What would be the cheapest way to go? We're not going until March of '07 but I'm sure the airfare will not drop that much by then. How far in advance do you book? There will be 4 of us going. I can't pay $2000 for airfare on top of a $5000 cruise!!!! Please tell me I won't have to cancel my cruise!!!

Well, you can't drive or take the train to San Juan so i guess you will just have to bite the bullet and pay the price, either that or take a cruise out of a closer port city.

We were lucky, we booked right at the beginning of the gas price explosion and payed $305pp RT from San Francisco to Miami.

I have noticed the prices have doubled from last year at the same time, we payed $258pp RT from San Francisco to San Juan.

Lets just hope we can all afford the gas to get us to work to pay for our cruises.

Holy Sh*t!! I can't believe the price of airfare. What would be the cheapest way to go? We're not going until March of '07 but I'm sure the airfare will not drop that much by then. How far in advance do you book? There will be 4 of us going. I can't pay $2000 for airfare on top of a $5000 cruise!!!! Please tell me I won't have to cancel my cruise!!!

Can you get to Denver cheaply? AA is $198 + taxes and fees through the end of the schedule.

Please see this post. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=345734

If not, please post the exact dates. We will try to help. Air has gone up CONSIDERABLY within the last 6 months. It may be cheaper to buy two tickets-Chicago to MIA or FLL, even NYC, then onto SJU.

Click on the link below to get an historical graph of the lowest available airfares from Chicago to San Juan over the last year. As you can see, the lowest fares remained fairly constant over a relatively long period of time (i.e., May 2005-January 2006). However, in the last 5 months, the lowest fares approximately doubled in this market, although there have been some variations. If one looked at the equivalent graph for fares purchased only 21 days in advance, it looks fairly similar. Of course, there is the uncertainty of how well past behavior can be applied to future trends. But, there is still good evidence that, for at least some (short) periods of time, airfares will fluxuate downward. Thus, the common advice still applies. Monitor fares periodically and when you see something that meets your needs, buy it ASAP.

cewolf.ce;jsessionid=aY27JX2djRAbqBg4US?img=-828239960&width=900&height=398&iehack=.png

We are going the end of Feb. and I got great rates on Continental out of Cleveland, OH. Do you have a cheap flight you could catch to Cleveland or even try Continental??? My husband thought I was silly:p booking so far in advance, but we got it for 351.00!!!!! On top of that we have enough miles on for a free ticket so basically it cost of 351.00 for both!!!:D He doesn't think I'm silly now. I am just anxious to see what the cruise cost will do. I wonder if it will drop dramatically because I wonder if SJ cruises will be hard to sell now with the airfare the way it is????

Good Luck finding airfare!!

By hovering one's pointer over a graph point on the historical fares produced by farecompare, the date--and thus the day of the week--can be determined. In terms of an additional disclaimer, it is certainly the case that the lowest fare shown does not include Southwest Airlines and it's not clear whether all of the minor airlines are included. It is clear, however, that jetBlue is not included in any searches that are conducted with farecompare. Other points can be found at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=6311639#post6311639

San Juan is expensive to fly to. In addition, March is prime Spring Break time. Have you checked to see how much cruise air would be from Chicago? Sometimes it pays to book cruise air first and then look to see if you can find cheaper air on your own? I know from our area we never found cheaper air than cruise air for our San Juan cruise this past March.

Archived