Tipping outside of pre-paid tips?

No, but If you order room service, a couple of dollars. If you find your cabin steward has done a FINE job then you might consider tipping that person extra at the end of the cruise, or anyone else you feel went above and beyond for you. :p

I also heard that you are supposed to tip the bartender even though the price of the drink includes a 15% tip. :confused: It is all very confusing. It seems that even though we are pre-paying the tips, we tip again and again.

:confused: :( :confused:

We have never tipped the bartender..Although if you spend alot of time at one bar you may get more attentive service if you do. The drinks are pricey enough. Don't sweat the small stuff...Just relax and enjoy!:D

The only time we tip the bartender above the added 15%, is if we go to the same bar a lot, and have the same bartender. If you see them day after day, they quite often give you little gifts. If that is the case, we usually give them an extra tip.

Your pre-paid tips will cover everything, as the other posters noted.

Additional tipping for me is: room service (at least $2 for each delivery), $10 up front to my cabin steward to keep my rolling cooler full of ice and something extra for an excellent bartender.

Otherwise, the pre-paid tips are just fine.

Even on lines with tips included (RSSC/Silverseas) I tip the person bringing my coffee at Oh Dark Thirty..:D

One other is the Wine Steward in the main restaurant, IF you drink a bottle over a couple nights, I would UP FRONT tip him so that he has the wine ready when you seat down. :p

you mean a bottle of wine is supposed to last more than one night?! who knew;)

We too have PP our grats, but we also intend on bringing a packet or two of singles to have for roomservice and to make sure extraordinary service is properly rewarded.

Archived