Seaview Cafe Menu

Ret'd last week from 14 nites on the Radiance going through the Canal. I'm happy to report that Seaview cafe menu on the Radiance was the "old" menu and not the newer, different one that I had read has been implemented on the Brilliance.

Loved snacking on the onion rings and nachos, DH likes their reuben sandwiches and clam chowder in the bread bowls. Great spot to hang out for a late afternoon "snack" as we had late dining.

Thanks so much for reporting back! :) I've wondered about that.... we're sailing on Radiance in about 3 weeks and I was really hoping after hearing all the comments about the new menu that Radiance would still have the old menu.

I sailed on the Brilliance and the Serenade within 2 weeks of each other. While the food in the SeaView on Brilliance was good, the menu was just so much better on Serenade.

I think the menu on Brilliance is different because it's "owned" by a subsidiary of RCI in Europe. Since it seems to be in the Med almost every summer, the menu is more reflective of that region. It might seem a little odd because Brilliance does seem to spend equal time on this side of the Atlantic as it does in the Med.

Of course, I'm making assumptions and you know what that means. ;)

Question: On the Radiance in the PNW, the Seaview served the most delicious crab and shrimp salad. Is that just an Alaska/PNW thing? Obviously, we haven't cruised on that class anywhere but "up north." And we were underwhelmed with JR's on the Mariner.

Just wondering.

beachchick

I think the menu on Brilliance is different because it's "owned" by a subsidiary of RCI in Europe. Since it seems to be in the Med almost every summer, the menu is more reflective of that region. It might seem a little odd because Brilliance does seem to spend equal time on this side of the Atlantic as it does in the Med.

Of course, I'm making assumptions and you know what that means. ;)

Hmm Doug, I think you may be right. And for me, I still enjoyed the SeaView on the Brilliance, there were just a lot more items that I could have on the menu on the Serenade. Everything on the Brilliance was hot and heavy and most of the items were full of cheese (that could not be left off). When it's 90 degrees outside (which was the outside air temp for almost my entire cruise), I don't particularly feel like having something hot and heavy (and I can't have cheese at all).

Rick & Sue,

You are now making me so excited about our Radiance cruise in August. I can not wait to hit the Seaview now. I even had a dream about it last weekend. I had heard about the Rubens and Onion Rings, very favorite foods.

Hi. This Seaview Cafe sounds very nice. I've been on the Jewel and the Sovereign but never saw a cafe. I'm booked on the Voyager in Nov.

Sooo

Where is the cafe? How big is it? Is it crowded? Is there a charge? What are the hours?

And any one have more details about the menu?

Can hardly wait to see something new!

Happy Cruzer

Hi. This Seaview Cafe sounds very nice. I've been on the Jewel and the Sovereign but never saw a cafe. I'm booked on the Voyager in Nov.

Sooo

Where is the cafe? How big is it? Is it crowded? Is there a charge? What are the hours?

And any one have more details about the menu?

Can hardly wait to see something new!

Happy Cruzer

One of the great secretes of the Radiance class ships is that so many people never find the Seaview Cafe until close to the end of the cruise. So those of us that know about it get it all to oursleves. :D

It's towards the aft end of the ship by the sports court. Great location just above the outdoor seating for the windjammer, starboard side, if I remember correctly.

Doug,

Great memory ;)

Happy Cruzer,

Deck 12, starboard side and has seating on the inside as well as the outside. There is no charge for the food in the Cafe but you do have to pay for sodas and beer. Sorry can't remember the hours.

The menu has pastas and pizzas as well as sandwichs. It is a great place to get away from the Windjammer crowd and have a quiet lunch.

I ate there on Jewel one day. Must have picked a bad day. totally mobbed with a long long line to get in and no seats available once you got your food. Is it like that on Voyager class? Can you take your food anywhere else to eat? Food was good and the cafe was very nice.

I ate there on Jewel one day. Must have picked a bad day. totally mobbed with a long long line to get in and no seats available once you got your food. Is it like that on Voyager class? Can you take your food anywhere else to eat? Food was good and the cafe was very nice.

The Voyager class doesn't have a SeaView Cafe. Sorry. There is the Cafe Promenade but it isn't the same, it just has premade sandwiches, pizza, and desserts. No made to order stuff like the SeaView on the Radiance class.

It was also nice for breakfast. Never saw anyone up there at that time.

Marc

What kinds of things did they offer for breakfast? We will be on Radiance on Sunday and will definately check it out.

We were on the Radiance in March and had eaten at the Seaview Cafe on the Jewel and it was so good that we were excited to eat there again on the Radiance. Well all the food was good but we ordered malts and they were made from ice, chocolate and milk? Did anyone else experience this or was it that the waitress that made them didn't know what she was doing. In the past they have been really good....Otherwise everything else was great.

Gosh that menu board looks good.....

But we are booked on the Brilliance in 07, and I am wondering what the different menu is. Does anyone have a link or remember what the food offered was? I have already "found" the SeaView Cafe and have let DH know that we will be stopping by there. He is so good, he loves to eat and is ready for anything. And he stays skinny!

Just came back from the Brilliance panama two weeks age. The Seaview's hrs depend on the ports you're in or if it is a seaday. It is open quite late, some nights later than others. Never found there to be much of a line up. Food was mainly pizza, panninis, and pasta , salads and a few deserts. The pizza is awesome, panninis were good. Didn't get a chance to try pasta. definately not anywhere the menus on the other Seaviews. This was a big disappointment to us.

Archived