Which Tahitian Princess cabin?

emairs

DGF--Thanks for answering my questions. That is enough information for now. I am just beginning to plan our trip. Not sure just when we will be going yet. Any idea how much the over water bungalow cost per night for 2? I am not sure what the cost is, so will have to see if it will fit into the budget.

Everyone is always so helpful on this site. It is great!

Thanks everyone for all of the info. DW convinced me that we should do Tahiti instead of Alaska 2007 (we'll re-schedule and do that in 2008). We just booked the Tahitian Princess for the 6/29/07 sailing. We selected a BB near mid-ship (cabin 7073)

I took the tips from other posters here, and checked the monthly average rainfall statistics for Papeete at www.weatherchannel.com, and WOW do they get some rain October to April. I compared it to the many times we've been in Hawaii around the islands, and I was shocked at how much more they get in Tahiti!

Thanks again to everyone for posting!

BankofDad, join us on the roll call for the 6/29/07 sailing. Right now it's only two couples .. here is the link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=335655

Thanks to all who replied, especially Donna5 who mentioned the solid aft balcony. I would not have been happy with that.

Instead, I booked a mini-suite on the Sept 19/07 Honolulu-Tahiti cruise, and look forward to the extra space, and view from the balcony.

I'm booked for June 07 in Cabin 6063, which is an aft balcony on deck 6. It sets above the club bar and dinning room. Does anyone have any experience with that area in relationship to noise.

I was just on RCL to Carribean and was below the dinning room and did not think it was a problem. But, we were continually awaken each night with the cleaning crew moving furniture. I will move rather than have the noise.

Thanks for any help you can give.

DGF--Thanks for answering my questions. That is enough information for now. I am just beginning to plan our trip. Not sure just when we will be going yet. Any idea how much the over water bungalow cost per night for 2? I am not sure what the cost is, so will have to see if it will fit into the budget.

Everyone is always so helpful on this site. It is great!

Debbie

Very expensive. Some web sites for you to browse

http://www.tahitinuitravel.com/hotels/hotel.asp?hotelid=borabora_pearl_beach

http://www.tahiti-explorer.com/borabora.html

http://www.thetahititraveler.com/touristinfo/lodging.asp

We stayed at the Hotel Bora Bora- overlooks the most spectactular lagoon we have ever experienced on our travels. Could not afford to stay in an over the water unit but will return to Bora Bora to do so in the near future- there are some new hotels that were not there when we stayed at the Hotel Bora Bora that we will also include in our search for our next trip

Thanks to all who replied, especially Donna5 who mentioned the solid aft balcony. I would not have been happy with that.

Instead, I booked a mini-suite on the Sept 19/07 Honolulu-Tahiti cruise, and look forward to the extra space, and view from the balcony.

Congrats. The first time on this ship was also our first mini. So had to do a mini the next time also. Loved it. On most cruises we close the drapes at night. On this one we left it open so we wouldn't miss anything. This is our favorite ship. Also the Tahitian people are so wonderful. Don't forget on the first night about 10PM there will be a Tahitian Folkloric show. Not to be missed. Most people are so tired they don't go or don't know about it. If you have the time and money, a back to back is great.

I just pulled up my pictures from 8/04 and the balcony did not have plexiglass. We normally book balconey cabins but for Tahiti did the mini-suite and were very pleased.

The best advice I can given someone planning a trip on the Tahitian Princess is:1. Join and participate in the roll call 2. Book your own exceursions. Our trip was made even more spectacular because of the meeting/planning we did on the roll call 6 months prior to beginning our trip. The night we were at the airport waiting to come home, we meet a honeymoon couple who listened as several of our group when on and on describing all the great moments of the trip. This young couple hadn't connected with others during the trip and were surprised we were all returning from the same cruise as their experience was totally different from ours. Because of the roll call, we had learned of excursions we could book on our own and generally 16-20 of us on the roll call were booked for the same excursions.We had developed relationship before we ever got to the ship; we were from different backgrounds, age groups and even countries. The comraderie(sp?) made for a special trip. The excursions you book independently are more cost effect than those booked thru the cruise line.

Paula

The excursions you book independently are more cost effect than those booked thru the cruise line.

Paula

Hi Paula, we always try to book independently whenever possible as well. In addition to the cost savings you might get (sometimes), it opens up a lot more options for things to do.

Which itinerary did you sail on, and did you post a review (if you did do you have a link to it)? There's nothing more helpful than researching past passenger experiences!:D Thanks in advance for your help!

bankofdad,

We sailed on the Cook Island itinerary. You sent me on a trip down memory lane tonight, I just re-read my review and relived a fantastic trip. Now I'm thinking it would be a great idea to go back to Tahiti in 2007.

I did a 2 part review when we returned; you can find the review by clicking on my screen name and looking at all posts started by paulapatti4. The dates on the reviews are 9/6 and 9/8/04.

I haven't been able to edit a picture small enough to attach(ok, not me personally but a friend who is more technically gifted than I).

Paula

Budaman,

You will have to tell me all about your trip when you return. In March, 07, we are booked in the exact same cabin that you are in. Please take some pictures okay?

Vette

We're booked on the new Royal Princess in November 2007. As you can see from my signature, I have several cruises booked and these don't include the land vacations I've planned. So, we booked basic outside cabins on Deck 4 (several of us in cabins together, in 4042, 4040 and 4036). Since the new Royal is very similar to the Tahitian and Pacific Princess, any idea of what these cabins are like?

We just got back from Tahitian Princess on May 19th, 2006. The weather was beautiful, we had some rain couple nights, and a few hours on our last day in Tahiti. Our Cabin #6012 was comfortable, the balcony has rails, we could see through clearly, even when we were on the bed. I had a picture of sunset that I took between the balcony rails. It was beautiful.

If you do not fly the same day with Pricess passengers, you can arrange your own air and it will be better deal. Do not take transfer from Princess, taxi at the airport is only cost $20 each way, US$ is accepted. You also avoid the crowded with other Princess passengers for boarding process.

We had Air Tahiti through Princess, it was good. However, we found out later that Air Tahiti added one more flight and made the fare cheaper, but that deal was one month before the cruise. Remember to try Tahitian Beer (Hinano) on Air Tahiti Nui. They do not offer Hinano Beer in Tahitian Princess.

The food was good, so did the service. My only drawback was the blanket was so bad, it was as cheap as a blanket in a cheap motel on some highway. I had to ask for a better one and got one. If you put your luggages under your bed, you will have plenty of room in your cabin. We did not care about the Entertainments, so we have no comments about this. However, you will have many, many Tahitian dance shows on the cruiseship.

We booked some excursion tours with Princess and some of our own. If you like to see the city highlight, go to the shore, you will find better deal than Princess's offers. Most of the time, it costs only $25/person for 3 hrs city tour, US$ is happily accepted. The Aqua Safari is fun, also the 4WD in Raratonga. Visit the Bloody Mary's in Bora Bora and check out the men's room, it is a picture opportunity. In Tahiti, you can get a city map from the visitors center, which is right on the pier, you can take bus (#14) to visit the Lighthouse and blacksand beach, then Papanoo (Blackrock Beach), on your way back, stop by at the last king's tomb. Bus fare is 200f/person/one way, about 20 minutes ride. It's fun and good deal.

May is the beginning of the dry season until November. Enjoy your trip. :cool:

I've been following this thread because we have just been assigned our balcony cabin for our cruise, 6014. I had always thought in the pics I had seen that the openings for the balconies on Deck 6 and the rear 1/3 of those on Deck 7 seemed larger. I downloaded the Tahitian Princess pic from the Princess sight and enlarged it as my desktop background. It clearly appears the balconies that seem larger, have plexiglass panels while those on the upper decks have steel with a small rail which is why they seemed smaller. You can clearly see the Tahitian Princess ame on the ship. Are my eyes playing tricks or have the balconies been welded in since the photo was taken.

Mike

www.homepage.mac.com/csealove/

:) Please check my post, I just got back this weekend, our cabin was 6012.

Thanks Pintana! Glad they don't have the plexiglass panels....like someone mentioned earlier, they get dirty with salt spray so quickly. I was going through different sites this weekend and finally came across a close-up pic that clearly showed the rails on the balcony. Those on deck 6 have a much more open feeling.

Mike

http://www.homepage.mac.com/csealove/

Archived