okay I am packed and leaving 5/17

YellowRoseTexas

Congratulations! Sounds like you did good. When I cruised for the first time last year, I saw people with 2 bags and a carry-on each. This was for a 7 day cruise.

There are 2 of us, and I fully anticipate having 2 large bags (1 for each of us) and 2 carry-ons. We are doing a cruisetour, so have 5 extra days to pack for, plus we are going 2 days early besides.:eek: We plan to try to wear all clothes 2 times so that we don't have to pack quite as much (hope that doesn't offend anyone).

Have fun on your cruise. We have 3 weeks and 2 days before we are on our way!:D

Donna

I am one of "those" that carries one large bag and one roll on and checks two large bags. Ditto for DH. I always have room in my large bag in case I want to bring something back. If you are squishing, you might want to have some room for the souvineers. IMHO

BTW, I will be headed out on 5-18 for Seattle to Alaska.

Hope your trip is wonderful!

Claudia

Sooo Claudia, you are one of "those". I cruised last year with my sister and she is also one of "those"! She used one of my tags for one of her bags because she had more bags than she had tags for.:D

Hi ya'll:) I leave tomorrow night after work too:D

Flying to Seattle and then sightseeing on Thursday and

then.......Friday sailing!!! I am going on the same cruise as

Claudia:D it will be so fun to meet!!!

As for luggage...well, I sail solo and this trip is ONE Checked bag,

one carry on and a tote bag.

I think I did really well and am happy! I have never been an

overpacker I don't think I was this time either.

One more sleep, one more day of work...one more...LOL...

and then I am outa here!!!

Hope all of you have wonderful cruises!:)

Ya'll are scaring me !!! I can never pack light...I am going to Alaska June 30th for July 5th cruise on Carnival Spirit. I don't know what to take....Hot, cold in between. I need 2 steamer trunks :p And that doesn't count my poor hubby....

Ya'll are scaring me !!! I can never pack light...I am going to Alaska June 30th for July 5th cruise on Carnival Spirit. I don't know what to take....Hot, cold in between. I need 2 steamer trunks :p And that doesn't count my poor hubby....

LOL!! Forget the hubby's clothes, men don't need anything anyways!! I'm taking 3 steamer trunks and he can have one tag for his bag. It better be small though so he can help me with mine ;) !!!

Okay - I am ready to leave....I am excited:D

Do I have to much? We are two and I have 2 bags to check (one is small) and two to carry on!! It seem so much...but I squashed and squashed....any last minute advice will be GREAT!

There's three of us and between us all there are 12 bags and none of the ones we are checking are very small. This has been by far the hardest trip I have ever pack for.

I think I saw earlier that you will be on Carnival Spirit. If so, look for all the idiots running around with yellow ribbons, dew rags, and leis. That will be the bunch from Cruise Critics roll call. Just come up to any of us and say "hi". Myself and my two cruisemates will be the ones with the yellow leis.

Have a safe trip.

LOL!! Forget the hubby's clothes, men don't need anything anyways!! I'm taking 3 steamer trunks and he can have one tag for his bag. It better be small though so he can help me with mine ;) !!!

That's a great idea...One pair of jeans for him should be good for 12 days, huh ??? lmbo

Swan

My hubby and I will be taking a 7-day northbound cruise and each plan on taking one large checked suitcase and a carry-on. One of the carry-on's will pretty much be empty and used for souvenirs. We are also doing a two day pre-cruise in Vancouver.

Will be gone for 10 days and each of us will have a large checked suitcase and a carry on (which will not be so large that it will take all the overhead space leaving no room for other's bags). We too wear things over and try to pack light. I own tons of pairs of shoes, but I don't take them all on vacation!

Hi ya'll:) I leave tomorrow night after work too:D

Flying to Seattle and then sightseeing on Thursday and

then.......Friday sailing!!! I am going on the same cruise as

Claudia:D it will be so fun to meet!!!

As for luggage...well, I sail solo and this trip is ONE Checked bag,

one carry on and a tote bag.

I think I did really well and am happy! I have never been an

overpacker I don't think I was this time either.

One more sleep, one more day of work...one more...LOL...

and then I am outa here!!!

Hope all of you have wonderful cruises!:)

Shame on you, keeping the Captain of the ship out carousing before sailing :)..

Really, how did the passengers seem to take the delay?

Archived