Cruise Insurance

Just like buying any other kind of insurance, it is best to compare. Log onto insuremytrip.com. This is a great site for comparison with no obligations unless you wish to purchase. I have bought through both Travelguard and Travelex on line. Last cruise the price was exactly the same for Travelex purchased through my travel agent or on-line, so I went with the agent. At least you would have someone familiar to talk to if you needed help, especially if you had a claim. Rates vary by your age, amount of your cruise including airfare, etc. When you narrow down your choice, print out all of their coverage sheets and compare side by side; Cancellation, delay coverage, Medical evacuation is a big one and if the Medical coverage is Primary or Secondary. I had a claim for medical expense when on our European cruise. I had to put my claim through my Health insurance company first, then through travel insurance. It was a lot of "red Tape". Insurance is worth its peace of mind.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

Cruise insurance is like Flood insurance -- no one thinks they'll ever need, but sure enough when you don't buy it you'll need and then you'll smack yourself for not spending the small amount of money to buy it (in comparison to the rest of the vacation cost).

We've never paid more than $100 for insurance for the two of us, and that includes cruises and a 10 day land-based vacation in Italy.

Archived