Panama Canal - Weather In October

merseababe

My husband and I have booked a full transit cruise sailing from San Diego to San Juan starting 27 October 2007. I note from other websites that this is the rainy season. Coming from the UK there were not many sailing dated for the full transit to choose from that fitted in with our schedule so I am hoping that the weather will not detract from the canal experience. Has anyone been at this time of year and if so, what was your experience. We are going with Royal Caribbean on the Serenade of the Seas. Thanks:)

Howdy Merseababe!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the Help Forum! 04.gif

I fully understand your need to know more information about the weather! However, you have posted on the Help Forum where members ask for help on how to use the board's software. This is not the place for your type of post and the information you seek. 05.gif

To help you out, I am moving your thread to the Ports of Call - Panama Canal Forum where it will be on topic. I'm sure your fellow Cruise Critic members will be able to help you there.

Glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic and thanks for stopping by the Help Forum!

042202_1319_92_prv.gif Happy trails to you... 042202_1319_92_prv.gif

Kat 50.gif

We did a transcanal Oct. 3-15 2004. The weather was a bit cool in California and Florida but for a majority of the cruise it was wonderful bathing suit weather. We had a couple clouds here and there in some ports. We even had a few minutes of rain a day or two. The day we did the canal crosssing was very hot and sunny. Even during the worst weather everyone was in shorts due to the humidity. Plenty of warm weather. Any other questions feel free to ask.

Hello Merseababe,

Just noticed your post and wanted to say "hi". My husband, sister, her husband and I have signed up for this cruise as well. It looked like it had some great ports. Hope to hear some of your plans. :)

Anne

Hi,

We went through the canal in early November 2005. It rained for most of the day. This turned out to be good, because it kept us cool and enabled us to stay out on deck for long periods of time.

We heard many reports before we went, about how hot and humid it was and how difficult it was to stay out in the heat.

Steve.

Archived