Formal night question

justn15

My favorite part? The OP just asked if it would be okay and this turned into a debate.

It says to wear a dark suit...go to Goodwill and get a Napoleon Dynamite suit -- THAT would be HILARIOUS.

Kidding. Sorry, but I play by the rules. Suit/tux for the fiance, long formal dress for me on the first night, short black lacy number (tasteful, and not revealing, LOL) for the second night which I always consider a little less formal (doesn't have quite the hype).

I will say I think the best accessory to my strapless formal is going to be my kickin' tan lines...ugh. I need to get a strapless bikini top for Monday...

Has anyone else noticed that the people that think it's a "dinning" room instead of "dining" room and they have a cabin "stewart" instead of a cabin "steward" are the ones that object to dressing by the guidelines for dinner on formal nights......just a thought....

After 5 years on these boards I have done something that I never even considered before. I now have one name on my ignore list. So zydecocruiser can expound his numbskull nonsense all he wishes, I won't see the silly rantings of a boor.

Dan

Well, truth be told, we think that formal dressing on vacation is a bit much so we don't do it. We don't go to restaurants at home that require formals and tuxes so we certainly aren't going to purchase and lug heavy attire around with us to wear 2 out of 7 nights......or whatever timeframe. We're on vacation! So, buffets and room service are just fine for us on those nights designated formal.

You must have seen my formal portrait taken on our last cruise.....

:D

It's been ages since our cruise, there was a huge mixed bag dress at the first formal dinner - gowns and tuxes to dresses and jackets. one guy had on jeans, cowboy boots and a blazer, and his wife was so mortified - but they were seated.

It was fun to dress up, get your pictures taken etc., so i'd suggest going with the flow or plan on eating at the cafe - especially if you prefer casual evening.

Archived