New To Ncl, No Pre Boarding Packet??

I realize this question may have been asked and answered a dozen times but I haven't found it!:confused:

We're cruizing the Star in November (first time) and I was told that we do not receive any "pre-boarding" packet i.e. (luggage tags, ship info, etc., etc.)

I've cruised many times on RCCL, Celebrity and Carnival, I've always received luggage tags etc., before boarding.

How does NCL handle this, especially on embarkation?:rolleyes:

Thanks in advance,

Roz

I realize this question may have been asked and answered a dozen times but I haven't found it!:confused:

We're cruizing the Star in November (first time) and I was told that we do not receive any "pre-boarding" packet i.e. (luggage tags, ship info, etc., etc.)

I've cruised many times on RCCL, Celebrity and Carnival, I've always received luggage tags etc., before boarding.

Thanks in advance,

Roz

Sometimes they send e-docs, and sometimes paper....I'm not sure what the rhyme or reason.

My friend is leaving on May 28th to Alaska, on the Star. She has not received anything and says that she was told she would receive everything via email. How does that work on the dock?

I'm so used to having all my tags for the luggage and putting them on the bags and then giving them to the porters, who then deliver them to the cabin.

What do you do with your bags?:rolleyes:

Roz

Thanks in advance,

Roz

Hi Roz,

When I sailed on Star last October, I booked through an on line agent (not sure if this makes a difference). I was sent my E-docs about 1 week before my cruise (after several calls to both the agency and NCL). I filled out the on line registration data on line at NCL.com. As far as luggage tags, we got them at the pier while we were in line to embark.

With E-documents you just print out the ticket that is usually the first page. Make sure you check your spam folder as sometimes these e-docs go there.

The porters at the pier will have luggage tags for you to put on your bag. You just fill in your name and cabin #. Although when we sailed out of Seattle(but this was with Celebrity same pier though as the Star) we had to go to a porter at a desk who looked up our name and then put the cabin # on our tags for us.

Just ask the porter what you do if he doesn't have the tags.

Thanks in advance,

Roz

Here ya go. I found it for you. Just read this thread. It's all in there.

good luck. have a great time!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=347939

Many of the lines are going with e-docs now: Celebrity did the E-doc thing with us about 2 years ago, but we got regular packets our last cruise. I have several clients cruising on RCI and Celebrity in the next few months: I have been asked which they prefer. NCL sent us the entire packett when we did the Sun last month. It just depends. If you do book at the last minute (less than a month out) you will get E-docs. Either works fine, but lots of us just like to get the packet. NMNita

I've pre-printed: Name, Address, Ship and Cabin # on an avery, "self sticking" label (30 of them). I have them in white and ultra pink....this should cover my concerns...You guys are a well of information......Let's all cruise together! Meet you in the lounge for dancing, laughing and well, you know; those "frothy, rum tasting, umbrella ladened, pineapple laced smoothies, that just go down so easy! Hmmmmmmmmm! Roz! Wake up! Ah! to daydream!

Archived