Black or white

Gingee

I am wearing a lavender dress (long) for the cruise and later my daughter's wedding (April). Do you think white or black shoes would look better. I would call it a light lavender. I can't find a picture on it anymore.

Excellent suggestion LL. I got so tired of trying to match shoes to formal wear that I bought one pair of gold, one of silver. The silver goes with the cool colors, the gold with the warm. If it white or black are your only options, I vote for white, since it is a pastel. It seems black would be too obtrusive and I would think you'd want people to highlight the dress and not your feet. Either that or do what my niece is doing for her wedding. She wants her feet to be comfortable, so she is having the dress hemmed so it covers the shoes and she is wearing fancy flip flops. (No, she's not dancing at the wedding, the room is too small, but the view is incredible, Pacific Ocean @ sunset).

I didn't think of silver. Man I wish I could find the picture on ebay (where I bought the dress). It is from David's Bridal. It is short sleeves but I may have that taken off and have it sleeveless. It is high waist and has some sparkles down the front. Maybe I can get a digital of it.

I didn't think of silver. Man I wish I could find the picture on ebay (where I bought the dress). It is from David's Bridal. It is short sleeves but I may have that taken off and have it sleeveless. It is high waist and has some sparkles down the front. Maybe I can get a digital of it.

Did you try looking on David's Bridal's website?

I hope this picture comes through okay. The lavender dress is for one night (maybe the sleeves will be gone). I also have a black dress that is kind of long with some green sparkly beads for the other night.

lavender1.JPG.60dd6fb1f631a1f65c98d8a0e0bb6e9a.JPG

You think the sleeves look dorky?

Hard to say without seeing the dress on you. Depending on your size, weight, age and where the sleeves hit your arms, they could like fine.....or not. :)

Ask a friend/relative with a good eye. If they say it looks dorky, then it probably does.

Silver shoes and is there a reason you want to take the sleeves off the dress?

I would be worried about the construction of the dress and if the dress will not just look like a dress missing sleeves. Does that make sense?

Well I went to our mall today and yuck the silver shoes. Lots of platform type and such. Lots of hard non bendable shoes also. Got frustrated and went to Target and found a pair for under $20. Done. LOL

There are kind of white irredesent beads in the lavender dress so I guess it looks okay.

I am having a friend who does alterations for me look at the dress tomorrow night. I am taking the shoes with me. I will ask her opinion on the dress. The bodice is a little big for me so when she saw it on ebay, she thought maybe it would look better with the sleeves off. She hasn't seen it in person yet though.

Thanks for you help everyone. I kept thinking - silver, silver, silver.

Archived