Dolphin quest

Ay Caramba

We're going to Bermuda in July, and were wondering if anyone has ever been and done Dolphin quest? If so, was it worth the $200 plus for the experience?

Please do a search on this site. It has been discussed in tremendous detail, and is an extremely controversial subject.

We did the dolphin dip last October, and we enjoyed it. It really is a great experience. With the dip, we spent about 20 min in the water with the dolphins and another 10 - 15 sitting on the sides, while they gave us instuctions and info on the dolphins. They also take photos that you can buy after. All in all is was very interesting and we are planning on doing it again when we go back to Bermuda. Have a great trip!:p

<SIGH!>

Well, here we go again.

I urge you to read up on Dolphin Swims before booking one. The dolphins are kept under very cruel conditions in tiny tanks.

http://www.wildlifepimps.com/feat-SwimWithDolphins.htm

We are only going there if you take it there. Someone posting a ?, and others responding to it is a perfectly normal thing to do. PLEASE don't start the name calling and bashing again that you did a month ago! Let people enjoy what they want to on their vacation!:p

Now, now... it was YOU who did the name calling and bashing. :D

Those who ask about this cruel "entertainment" venue deserve to learn both sides of the story. After all, the name of this forum is Cruise CRITIC, which means that anyone is free to voice their feelings on any cruise matter, including excursions.

Now, now... it was YOU who did the name calling and bashing. :D

Those who ask about this cruel "entertainment" venue deserve to learn both sides of the story. After all, the name of this forum is Cruise CRITIC, which means that anyone is free to voice their feelings on any cruise matter, including excursions.

So, I was the one to post that I must beat my dog (which I don't have) just for swimming with dolphins??? No, SURFGIRL it was you....and anyone that wants to see the TRUTH can do a search and find the other thread on dophin quest.

Also, I always said it was perfectly fine to give your opinion, same as it is for all of us that REALLY enjoyed the excursion to do so also. What is not right is for you to make your comments as if we are all so stupid and you are our savior. For instance "sigh, here we go again", people will choose to do what the want on their vacations, the OP was not asking for both sides they wanted to know how it was from people that ACTUALLY PARTICIPATED in the excursion! Get over yourself. Let everyone enjoy their vacation time as they want to!

I have stated before, if this is an excursion that you are interested in then, by all means look into it, and decide which program is right for you. If you are morally opposed then don't do it. But, let everyone live their own life. You only live once, enjoy!!!:p

You're like a bull terrier that just won't let go.

Soldier on....

Yep, there it is the name calling and bashing again! All because I won't bend and agree with you that the dolphin swim is bad and evil. Instead I think it is FUN and a GREAT EXPERIENCE!

Can you spell "sarcasm?"

No, I knew you couldn't.

WOW, you finally figured me out, here I am with my J & C degree from Pitt, yet I can't spell! LOL!! Still deny that you are a basher??:confused:

I read the article, and it does not single out Dolphin Quest, specifically, as being unduly cruel to the dolphins. Your feelings about swimmning with the dolphins is an opinion. The same as wearing fur coats, eating meat, or going to the circus. All of these things are legal, and many people find them enjoyable. I am sure there are articles we can find how cruise ships pollute the ocean and kill wild life. How about aquariums or zoos? So lets not go there. Those of us who find swimming with the dolphins offensive, will not do it, those of us who have a different opinion will enjoy the tour as long as it is legal. jmo

<SIGH!>

Well, here we go again.

I urge you to read up on Dolphin Swims before booking one. The dolphins are kept under very cruel conditions in tiny tanks.

http://www.wildlifepimps.com/feat-SwimWithDolphins.htm

We're going to Bermuda in July, and were wondering if anyone has ever been and done Dolphin quest? If so, was it worth the $200 plus for the experience?

Ay Caramba,

I believe you are on my 7/2 sailing on the Crown Princess and part of the Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle.

You can visit the Maritime Museum for $10 and also see the Dolphin Quest area at the same time all for the same $10. You cannot participate -- only watch. My cabin mate and I did this on our last visit to Bermuda since we are not swimmers and we wanted to find out what the programs were all about.

There are some seats with some shade. There is also a little shop with some items for purchase and if there is room available in the programs you may be able to book directly with Dophin Quest.

We took a lot of photos of these remarkable animals and have very nice memories of our time there. We are planning to do the same thing this time around as long as the weather is good. If it is raining we will go into the covered shopping area and spend our time there.

MARAPRINCE

Archived