Recommendations for HopOnHopOff Buses

We are on Celebrity 6/15 and looking at using Open Top Buses for most of our tour days. Does any one know how easy it is to find them. Would you reccomend them as a way of seeing the cities. Which cities would you recommend? Also anyone have any experience with the Harbour or Canal Tours.

All feedback welcomed

If you're visiting Helsinki, the HOHO was very convienient. We caught a shuttle bus from the pier that took us directly to the pick up point for our tour. I believe it was 12 euro/pp and it gave us a great tour. That is the only city we used the HOHO for, and we were glad we did. We had been walking for days!

We noticed in Oslo they came right to the ship. We did not use it but have used them in some Mediterranean ports and found them to work except that sometimes there would be long lines at the stops. I think we liked them best just to get an overall view of things. In Oslo you can take a ferry to the area where the ship Museums are if you are interested in seeing them. The HOHO may go there also.We really liked the canal ride in Amsterdam if you are going there. We did more than one canal/harbor cruise in Stockholm and really enjoyed those also. They were very easy to find.

If you're visiting Helsinki, the HOHO was very convienient. We caught a shuttle bus from the pier that took us directly to the pick up point for our tour. I believe it was 12 euro/pp and it gave us a great tour. That is the only city we used the HOHO for, and we were glad we did. We had been walking for days!

In Helsinki the 3T/3B tram is a good option too and it was 8 euro for a family of 6! It is also good for the ferry to Semnolinna Island.

Thanks for the info on Helsinki.

Anyone give hints on Tallinn, Copenhagen and Stockholm?

Distance of HoHo's from where ships are berthed (we'll be on NCL Dream)

Do they take credit cards?

In Copenhagen and Stockholm do they readily take USD or Euros?

Thx

I'm also interested in finding out about the HOHO for Copenhagen, Stockholm and is their one for Helsingborg, (Sweden)? Has anyone used the HOHO in Tallinn?

Can you pick up any of these from the port or do we need to purchase transfers or take a taxi to town?

My wife and I just returned from the Star Princess May 15 cruise. We didn't think the HOHO in Copenhagen was worth it. It took too long to travel the circuit (stops for 5 or 10 minutes along the way). More important, we waited about 45 minutes for the buses. It's supposed to run every 20 minutes. We felt we would have been better off walking.

Copenhagen is a very walkable town - and beautiful.

We very much enjoyed the canal tour. There are two -- and one is much cheaper. We took the cheaper one. Both leave from Nyhavn. The more expensive it at the end of the canal. Look for the one further down the side of Nyhavn.

Archived