Rainwear in the Baltic Ports

Did you experience rain during your Baltic Cruise?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Did you experience rain during your Baltic Cruise?

• Yes, it rained at some point, but we didn't really need rainwear.
    • Yes, it rained and we needed rainwear !
    • No rain at all on our Baltic cruise !

I voted “No rain at all on our Baltic cruise!” which isn’t quite true as it rained on the second day - cruising from Copenhagen to Tallinn. Because it wasn't a day in port I didn't need a raincoat or umbrella. We were extremely lucky, we had wonderful weather the rest of the time. I had packed a rain jacket but didn't need it, it only left the ship once: when the cruise was over and I went home. :)

I pack a small umbrella and disposable slickers. They are about $1 and the size of a credit card. Slip it in your pocket and if you need it, yeah. I don't worry too much about fashion when it is raining on vacation. :)

We took a Baltic cruise last July/August. We had two rainy days-really half-a-day, each. We took hooded water-proof windbreakers with us versus umbrellas and had no problems staying dry.

We had on/off showers during our 3 pre-cruise days in Copenhagen in June last year. Then some heavy morning showers in some of the other ports.

I brought a cotton lined rain jacket w/ hood, a small folding umbrella and wore microfiber shoes with a rubber sole.

We had lovely warm weather except for light on/off rain in Warnemunde (didn't really need rainwear) and fairly steady rain in Helsingor, for which we definitely needed our hooded slickers. Tendering in that day was not fun. However, the rain cleared around lunchtime and the rest of the day was fine.

We took lightweight (foldable) hooded slickers and small umbrellas. Didn't really use the umbrellas, but as someone else said....better to have and not use them than vice versa.

Archived