5-13 Maasdam Cruise photos finally up!

NapTown Jim

Hi Jim,

After seeing your photos I reread your review. Thanks for both.

You got some pictures that really brought back memories of our NE/Canada cruises. I especially liked the Confederation Bridge in PEI and Peggy's Cove.

Remembering your pre-cruise posts, I'm so glad that you enjoyed the Maasdam and New England. Now you're "one of us"

Hope to meet you and your lovely bride on a future HAL cruise. Again thanks for the review and the great photos.

Grannynurse

It took a while, but its finally done. If you're interested you may view photos of our most recent cruise here...

http://jkdumond.smugmug.com/Travel

let me know if you can't see the images. This is my first time posting photos like this. Enjoy!

Thanks so much for the numerous pictures of the Maasdam. I do have a question about the new DVD's players in the cabins; do they take all kinds of DVD's? I'm planning to bring along DVD's that I own in addition to renting those on board, but don't know if the DVD players accept "American" DVD's. (It's probably clear to you that I know little about DVD players.) And I'd love to hear anything you have to say about the refirbished Maasdam.

Ginny

Thats a good question Ginny. We did not bring any DVD's with us. We did 'rent' Elizabethtown from the Cafe one day though. My assumption is the DVD players are in North American format as opposed to the European format or whatever. If you have a Verandah level cabin or a suite the DVD 'rental' from the Explorations Cafe is complimentery, as long as you turn them back in on time. Otherwise its $3 if memory serves me right. They have an extensive selection so if what you bring won't work take a look at their catalog. They're bound to have what you want to watch.

My assumption is the DVD players are in North American format as opposed to the European format or whatever. If you have a Verandah level cabin or a suite the DVD 'rental' from the Explorations Cafe is complimentery, as long as you turn them back in on time.

Thanks so much for your reply. I'm not in a verandan cabin (Darn!) but certainly can afford the $3 rental fee. I'll probably take along a few of my DVD's-they certainly don't take up that much space-and keep my fingers crossed.

Ginny

Archived