can you do two open bookings at a time?

mina

We are considering two small b2b cruises in May 05. Will be sailing the Mexican Riveria in October. Can you place a deposit on two open bookings at a time? Can you do an open booking for just a three day cruise? If we know which three day cruises we want - can we put the deposit down for both cruises and get the credits instead of doing generic open bookings? Thank you!

You can have as many open bookings as you wish. I'm not sure about using them on shorter cruises, but can't think of any reason why it would be disallowed. The only scenario I can think of is a short-notice repo cruise or coastal that would have to be paid in full at time of booking. And, yes, you can book a specific cruise if you wish. That's one of the great benefits of on-board bookings: the deposit amount is greatly reduced.

As long as they are not for the same sailing date you can have as many open bookings as you want....with the way Princess is selling out of space on their 2005 cruises might be a good idea to hold space on each cruise you want...that way you won't loose the space you have and then not be able to take the cruise you want.

Happy Cruise Planning!

Hi,

FYI - you can use an open booking for a mini-cruise but you don't receive any shipboard credit for cruises less than 7 days.

I have done 2 open bookings before, haven't tried more than 2.

Thank you all for the responses. If you can not get shipboard credit for the minicruises, then there will be no advantage for us in doing two open bookings - other than the lower deposit - which is not that high on a minicruise anyway. We will just do our usual 7 day open booking and use it later in the year! Appreciate the input.

You can get as many open bookings as your credit card can hold - the big advantage is that it serves as your down payment as opposed to the usual - I think cabin credits start at 7 days - we currently have two booked from our Feb 2004 Carib on the Sun - we will probably book 2 more on our next - looking at a Feb Carib and maybe a Oct Carib which will put us in the Elite status - then our next will be an extended So. America - with the elite status we will only have to pack one change of clothes as laundry is free.

Ron & Connie

Project1.jpg.791bd62fedab7b6079a251a2c1c530bc.jpg

Archived